• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Evaluate this

#21 User is online   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-August-27, 06:14

I decided that it was most likely RHO had the diamond hand, in which case he had more than twice as many points as LHO, so A and K and/or Q very likely to be with E if partner doesn't have them, while any club cards will be wrong. If partner raises, he will have the A of diamonds or no honour, he won't have lesser honours in front of overcaller.

So I bid 3 invitational

Partner's decision wasn't 100% clear cut either, but he decided with A10xxx, Kxx, Axx, J10 that any club cards were likely to be right and the 5th spade might play so bid 4 for all the matchpoints, the other results were 200 in major suit partials.

Bonus question - how do you play it if they play 3 rounds of clubs with RHO apparently having AKx ?

#22 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-August-29, 13:02

IMHO, whatever 2h to play means, I am quite certain it will be at least good enough for partner to raise to 3h with a super accept (at which point this hand would have no problem going to game). You will never be totally broke when bidding 2h here and there should be enough "stuff" to give 2h a reasonable chance at making opposite an average 13 count.

Given the above reasoning I feel 2h is sufficient with this hand since we will not often miss game and the vast majority of those games will be 4h.

#23 User is online   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2024-August-29, 14:29

View Postgszes, on 2024-August-29, 13:02, said:

IMHO, whatever 2h to play means, I am quite certain it will be at least good enough for partner to raise to 3h with a super accept (at which point this hand would have no problem going to game). You will never be totally broke when bidding 2h here and there should be enough "stuff" to give 2h a reasonable chance at making opposite an average 13 count.

Given the above reasoning I feel 2h is sufficient with this hand since we will not often miss game and the vast majority of those games will be 4h.

Do you not compete with QJ10xxx and out ?

Also what do you consider a super accept ? you don't need either a max or 4 card support as the actual hand proves

#24 User is offline   Zelandakh 

Posted 2024-August-31, 15:04

View Postmw64ahw, on 2024-August-24, 00:49, said:

I invite via 2 as 2N will show 54 GI to right side. This then allows the option to play in 3 or 2N if opener declines.

Did you borrow that? I am the only person I know who plays it that way even after years on these forums posting my 1NT structure.
(-: Zel :-)

#25 User is offline   nullve 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:partscores

Posted 2024-August-31, 20:08

Zelandakh, on 2024-August-31, 15:04, said:

Did you borrow that? I am the only person I know who plays it that way even after years on these forums posting my 1NT structure.

I thought about you when he posted it!

I've borrowed something from you as well. I play that in relay sequences, after Teller (in relay sequences) has shown approximate strength and exact shape strictly below 4, then

4 = slam try not in clubs
...4 = forced
......4 = key card ask in diamonds
......4 = key card ask in hearts
......4N = key card ask in spades
4 = key card ask in clubs
4M/5m = to play (the default meaning, at least)
4N = quantitative

Certainly better than Mulberry for my purposes.

#26 User is offline   mw64ahw 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bidding & play optimisation via simulation.

Posted 2024-September-01, 01:53

Zelandakh, on 2024-August-31, 15:04, said:

I've borrowed and modified a lot over the past few years and your ideas have featured. Not sure on this one though, possibly subconsciously, but it is a relatively recent change that I made when I started putting my 55Ms through 2 5cM ask?

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users