BBO Discussion Forums: BBO says: Connection lost every time i try to login - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO says: Connection lost every time i try to login BBO says: Connection lost every time i try to login

#1 User is offline   mvr 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-January-25, 17:21

For more than a year now I have not been able to login to BBO from my home computer (An Acer PC about 10 years old).
Whether I use chrome, firefox ot other browsers BBO says: connection lost every time I try to login.
My PC runs windows 10 home and both Chrome and Firefox is up-to-date.

I can login from my iPad, and from my work PC, but I would like to be able to use my own PC.

I have used BBO on this computer for many years - but not anymore !

Anybody else experiencing this connection lost issue all the time (and I mean ALL login attempts) ?

Any help would be appreciated.
/Mikael

#2 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2024-January-25, 18:05

View Postmvr, on 2024-January-25, 17:21, said:

For more than a year now I have not been able to login to BBO from my home computer (An Acer PC about 10 years old).
Whether I use chrome, firefox ot other browsers BBO says: connection lost every time I try to login.
My PC runs windows 10 home and both Chrome and Firefox is up-to-date.

I can login from my iPad, and from my work PC, but I would like to be able to use my own PC.

I have used BBO on this computer for many years - but not anymore !

Anybody else experiencing this connection lost issue all the time (and I mean ALL login attempts) ?

Any help would be appreciated.
/Mikael

Hi. Let's try this one:install Opera browser and try again to login. If is till not possible to login, via menu (three dots high on right) active VPN and again try to login.

#3 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-January-25, 18:35

Neither of the above is going to help you actually sort out your issue.

My guess would be your firewall / router blocking the websocket connection. Does this page work for you: https://echo.websocket.org/.ws

#4 User is offline   mvr 

• Pip

Posted 2024-January-27, 12:31

View Postsmerriman, on 2024-January-25, 18:35, said:

Neither of the above is going to help you actually sort out your issue.

My guess would be your firewall / router blocking the websocket connection. Does this page work for you: https://echo.websocket.org/.ws

If i clik the link I get the following:

attempting to connect
connected
disconnected, reconnecting in 5 seconds
attempting to connect
connected
attempting to connect
connected
cancelled connection attempt (me clicking the cancel button in the upperright corner)

#5 User is offline   mvr 

• Pip

Posted 2024-January-27, 12:45

View PostLovera, on 2024-January-25, 18:05, said:

Hi. Let's try this one:install Opera browser and try again to login. If is till not possible to login, via menu (three dots high on right) active VPN and again try to login.

Installed Opera browser ->
This browser is also not working (still connection lost message)

https://echo.websocket.org/.ws shows:
attempting to connect
connected
attempting to connect
connected
attempting to connect
connected
cancelled connection attempt (me clicking the cancel button in the upperright corner)

#6 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-January-27, 12:56

Well, the good thing is that confirms what the issue is; you shouldn't be getting those disconnected messages at all. The bad thing is it's going to be hard to know how to proceed with fixing it..

You could try *temporarily* disabling any firewall on your computer and then reloading that websocket test page to see if that changes anything. If so, it will be a case of going into your firewall settings and somehow figuring out which part is blocking it. If not, it may be the same thing in your router settings somewhere..

#7 User is offline   mvr 

• Pip

Posted 2024-January-27, 14:12

View Postsmerriman, on 2024-January-27, 12:56, said:

Well, the good thing is that confirms what the issue is; you shouldn't be getting those disconnected messages at all. The bad thing is it's going to be hard to know how to proceed with fixing it..

You could try *temporarily* disabling any firewall on your computer and then reloading that websocket test page to see if that changes anything. If so, it will be a case of going into your firewall settings and somehow figuring out which part is blocking it. If not, it may be the same thing in your router settings somewhere..

The websocket gives the same disconnected reply after I disabled my Bitdefender personal Firewall !

I'm pretty sure it hasn't got anything to do with my Internet connection, since both my work PC and my iPad can access BBO through that same Internet connection (ie. through the same Internet Router).

#8 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-January-27, 14:27

The only other thing I can think of is that you're using a VPN on your home computer, but I have a feeling if that were the case you were have tried disabling it already :)

(More potentially, you might be using a VPN on your work computer, which is common, and if it were disabled you might have the same issue, pointing at your router. The iPad app is different from browser versions.)

#9 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-January-27, 15:48

View Postmvr, on 2024-January-27, 14:12, said:

The websocket gives the same disconnected reply after I disabled my Bitdefender personal Firewall !

I'm pretty sure it hasn't got anything to do with my Internet connection, since both my work PC and my iPad can access BBO through that same Internet connection (ie. through the same Internet Router).

Have you done everything you can (after browsing relevant information) to completely remove Bitdefender?
I remember a similar experience with another "defender" which hung on with teeth when I tried to disable.

#10 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2024-January-31, 10:24

View Postmvr, on 2024-January-27, 12:45, said:

Installed Opera browser ->
This browser is also not working (still connection lost message)

https://echo.websocket.org/.ws shows:
attempting to connect
connected
attempting to connect
connected
attempting to connect
connected

I brought you the Opera browser because I managed to resolve a blocking problem for another site (SCRIBD) successfully and, therefore, I invite you to watch this YouTube video to check if you did everything correctly:
For a little help and/or for other situations:https://youtu.be/_Uj...SNObcCl3aMvRVwP
(This site if in italian language you have to activate translation.)

#11 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2024-February-04, 18:38

It's odd it connects & then disconnects vs not connecting at all. Maybe some other program is hogging the CPU or internet?
I suggest trying different browsers until one works, eg
  • Librewolf
  • Vivaldi
  • Edge
  • Iron
  • Brave
  • Chromium
  • Waterfox

The other thing I would suggest is to check your browser extensions/plugins. Some may obstruct some communication. Often they just need changing the extension settings. Try disabling them one by one to see if it makes a difference.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users