BBO Discussion Forums: The round has changed but LHO is still here - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The round has changed but LHO is still here

#1 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-October-26, 12:56

Posting this here, as it is interesting to TDs and I imagine others will already have reported it to support (and there is no specific forum for bugs).

Yesterday I played a free tournament 7x2 Clocked with 2 sections of 10 per line (#61284 25/10 14:02, hosted by a known and respected real world club) and at a certain point mid-tournament, the round changed but LHO was still there :blink:
I asked her and she confirmed: of course she was upset as was her new partner, plus also their respective former partners wherever they were B-)
She said she had tried quitting and was replaced by a Robot, but then reappeared again.
I called TD who told me that "something had gone wrong" but was unable to do anything.
We finished the round that way, I don't know what happened later as neither LHO nor her partner finished the tournament.

Any idea what was going on, anyone?
I don't remember seeing this before either as a player or Director.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2023-October-26, 16:38

I'm passing this along, but regarding "there is no specific forum for bugs" -- that's what BBO Support Forum is for.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2023-October-26, 16:41

I found the tourney, but I don't see you as a player. What were the usernames involved?

https://webutil.brid...1284-1698260543

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-October-27, 06:38

barmar, on 2023-October-26, 16:41, said:

I found the tourney, but I don't see you as a player. What were the username involved?

In section 1.
Caterina4 played boards 4-7 in West, losing her companion Marco al at board 6 and finding orni 54 in East instead.

Oddly, if I look instead at History in the BBO app I see different and incorrect EW pairs for both rounds.

Thinking about it, something odd probably did happen to the tournament during board 6, as my declarer play was interrupted for no good reason (well ahead on time) and AVE assigned.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users