Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TCR Statistics

#1 User is offline   SanKul 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-July-16, 07:44

Why BBO is so secretive about TCR statistics? Why does it not reveal the stats? I feel something fishy.

I 10 days, my TCR went down from 82 to 78. What magic did I do to achieve this?

Three days ago I subbed in a tourney. It was NOT included in my History (Recent tourney).

Yesterday night, I subbed in a tourney, it is NOT included in my History again.

To day morning, 3 of the tourneys I completed are missing from history.

When I convey this to support, they just evade any answer.

What's going on here? Why not reveal and let me watch my TCR record? Whats so secret about it?

#2 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-July-16, 20:58

10 days ago:
total,592
finished,468
tcr,79

18 days ago: (latest it was 82)
total,695
finished,567
tcr,82

Today:
total,477
finished,371
tcr,78

all this, as usual, counting the last 60 days at the time, recalculated daily.

#3 User is offline   Mr Dale 

• PipPip

Posted 2022-July-17, 06:52

I see my TCR when I click on my profile. It's 68% but that's because if my partner plays the last hand of a tournament and we aren't doing well I just log off and leave him to it!

#4 User is offline   pgcto 

• PipPip

Posted 2022-July-17, 15:07

Why can't individual users see the number of games played and number finished values. They are obviously accessible all the time.

#5 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-July-17, 15:59

View PostMr Dale, on 2022-July-17, 06:52, said:

I see my TCR when I click on my profile. It's 68% but that's because if my partner plays the last hand of a tournament and we aren't doing well I just log off and leave him to it!

The reason that affects your TCR is because it is an inconvenience to directors just as much as anyone else quitting - all they see is that someone has quit and have to go to the table to find out what's going on.

View Postpgcto, on 2022-July-17, 15:07, said:

Why can't individual users see the number of games played and number finished values. They are obviously accessible all the time.

For what purpose? The only people that post in the forum upset about them believe they are wrong (and they never are). Sure, it wouldn't hurt, but it involves time to build something new into the UI.. and it would have no benefit to the vast majority of users. If you're under a certain TCR requirement (or even close), the best solution is to not quit tournaments :)

#6 User is offline   Gazumper 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-July-18, 10:59

You can explain TCR going down if exactly 60 days ago you completed say 10 tourneys in one day and since then you've been playing casually, quitting one or two matches here and there for whatever reason.

Now all of a sudden 60 days later those 10 tourneys go out of the 'window' so to speak in one day and your TCR calculation will go down accordingly even though you never quit anything at all in the last couple of days.

#7 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-July-20, 23:48

The TCR algorithm assumes you play somewhat consistently. An extreme example of what Gazumper decribed would be this:

Days 1-15 you play and complete 90 tourneys. Your TCR is 100%.
Days 16-20 you don't play at all. Your TCR stays 100%.
Days 21-30 you play 10 tourneys and quit out of all of them. Your TCR is now 90%.
Days 31-60 you don't play at all. Your TCR stays 90%.

Starting on day 61 your TCR will keep going down if you don't play, as some of the tourneys you completed drop out of the calculation. And on day 75 it will be 0%, because none of the tourneys you completed are in the 60-day window.

We're not being secretive about TCR, it just takes programmer resources to provide a tool for users to see how their TCR was calculated, and management feels there are more important projects.

#8 User is offline   SanKul 

• Pip

Posted 2022-July-24, 22:23

View Postsmerriman, on 2022-July-17, 15:59, said:

The reason that affects your TCR is because it is an inconvenience to directors just as much as anyone else quitting - all they see is that someone has quit and have to go to the table to find out what's going on.

For what purpose? The only people that post in the forum upset about them believe they are wrong (and they never are). Sure, it wouldn't hurt, but it involves time to build something new into the UI.. and it would have no benefit to the vast majority of users. If you're under a certain TCR requirement (or even close), the best solution is to not quit tournaments :)

Sorry, I somehow missed this replay. Calling names to users / customers and blaming them to hide your own inefficiency and lack of capability is not new. It has been standard practice of bureaucratic organizations.

People come here to play and enjoy not deliberately miss tourneys and trouble the TDs. If you can't provide them pleasant User Experience, at least don't ridicule them. Using such a language is not something to be proud of.
I don't earn 82 TCR not for nothing. Then I don't come here to just register and withdraw and to trouble TDS at the cost of TCR.
You can't provide TCR (I don't why you want to hide it & I am doubtful of its cost), just say so. I can't force you to do it. Its upto you to how to treat your users / customers.

#9 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-July-25, 04:22

View PostSanKul, on 2022-July-24, 22:23, said:

Sorry, I somehow missed this replay. Calling names to users / customers and blaming them to hide your own inefficiency and lack of capability is not new. It has been standard practice of bureaucratic organizations.

People come here to play and enjoy not deliberately miss tourneys and trouble the TDs. If you can't provide them pleasant User Experience, at least don't ridicule them. Using such a language is not something to be proud of.
I don't earn 82 TCR not for nothing. Then I don't come here to just register and withdraw and to trouble TDS at the cost of TCR.
You can't provide TCR (I don't why you want to hide it & I am doubtful of its cost), just say so. I can't force you to do it. Its upto you to how to treat your users / customers.

I'm not sure if you quoted the wrong post, since I didn't ridicule anyone / call anyone names. My question to pgcto was an honest one; how would having access to the data benefit you? Other than reducing messages to the BBO staff (which is not me), I can't think of one.

#10 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-July-25, 07:37

View PostSanKul, on 2022-July-24, 22:23, said:

[snip]
I don't earn 82 TCR not for nothing.
[snip]

This is misleading, as was the OP.
Your current TCR is 77.
It hasn't been 82 in almost a month now.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users