Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bid Explanation Explanation box does not go away

#1 User is offline   inswinger 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-May-18, 02:56

It has happened several times that when a bid is made and an opponent asks for an explanation, the box containing the explanation does not go away. As it remains, those who were asked for the explanation think that the opponents are repeatedly asking the same question and this often leads to irritation. And after the bidding is over, many times the box remains open and even covers part of the dummy. Logging out and logging in again does not always solve the problem. Is there any way to make the box go away after the explanation has been provided?

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-18, 17:32

There's an old bug that occurs very occasionally where a popup doesn't go away when it's supposed to. I don't think I've ever seen this with the explanation box, but I've seen it a couple of times with the history popup.

I've only seen this happen once every few months. Are you seeing the problem frequently?

#3 User is offline   inswinger 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-May-18, 20:00

View Postbarmar, on 2020-May-18, 17:32, said:

There's an old bug that occurs very occasionally where a popup doesn't go away when it's supposed to. I don't think I've ever seen this with the explanation box, but I've seen it a couple of times with the history popup.

I've only seen this happen once every few months. Are you seeing the problem frequently?

Yes, it happens mainly when a player is ASKED for an explanation. First a yellow box pops up and after the player provides an explanation, it doesn't go away. The player thinks he is being asked again and this often causes irritation because no one is asking him again. I have not seen it happen when the player provides an explanation for a bid without being asked

#4 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-May-18, 23:36

Have you tried clicking the box? After an explanation popups on the screen, it always stays there for me until I click it to make it disappear.

#5 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-May-19, 07:57

I see the same but I am not sure if one of the opps is repeatedly pressing the button when trying to get rid of the explanation box on his screen by pressing "Erklären" which means explain in English.

#6 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-May-19, 14:58

View Postbarmar, on 2020-May-18, 17:32, said:

I and others have reported this to you many times in the last few months.
We had it very frequently when players first went online, much less so later.
Probably it is "only" due to the fact that people are pressing the button in an attempt to dismiss the box.
But the resulting mess often causes havoc, with someone unable to play to the first round because yellow boxes cover some cards.
And this is "only" a problem if they don't realise the bypass of logoff/logon, which Director has now learned :)

It is already unclear to me why the box should exist and even less so why it should have the button or why the button should be entitled "Explain", which is paradoxical to the opponent who has nothing to explain and does not understand what is being requested of him or why.
The explanation has been given and should be attached to the bid, if opponent is unhappy with it or the originator wishes to modify it then they click on the explanation.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users