Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO polls suggestion

#1 User is offline   shoeless 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2005-May-23, 19:34

Could we have two forms of the poll? One for the bridge hawks (as it now) and one for the plebes. Love bridge polls with panels cause I can see how I do (usually suck), but chasing through the threads to find the scoring is more time than I want to spend. I appraciate it is likely a lot of work to engineer a feedback to me including panel votes and your score, however a single Panel Results thread that is closed would be cool for me.

#2 Guest_Jlall_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 2005-May-23, 20:52

good idea

#3 User is offline   Elianna 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2005-May-23, 21:01

I completely agree that it would be nice to have the scores for each problem all in one place (makes my life easier. :D). I fail to understand how having two separate polls would remedy this, though.

Also, as others have discovered, if you wish to know your score and don't wish to compute it yourself, feel free to private message me, and I'll let you know. I'll need two forms of id, though. ;) I'll even throw in what your original answers were (if you need a reminder).

I just don't want to post EVERYONE's score, because some people may prefer not having their scores posted. :)
My addiction to Mario Bros #3 has come back!

#4 User is offline   shoeless 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2005-May-24, 05:43

I only have two pieces of ID my waist size and my IQ number - and fondly wishing that my waist size wasn't the bigger number. Sorry didn't mean two polls just two ways of posting panel responses.

#5 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2005-May-24, 10:12

I have another suggestion, if it can be done.

First, the problem:

When I brought up the Bridge Polls (not this thread, but the actual polls) the first item under it was one of the questions (the one with the bidding beginning 1C-P-1NT-2D-?) and only after some browsing was I able to sort out that

a. There was a list of problems somewhere
b. There were to be (in fact there now were) panel answers
c. I was too late to submit answers for this group of questions

Now the proposal:
Could it be that bringing up, say, New Bridge Polls would bring up exactly one message which would allow no responses. This message would explain how things work. There would then be subfolders that would be labeled, say, May problems, June problems, etc (or Problem set I, Problem set II etc.) Here is where the problems, responses to the problems, and the eventual published panel answers, would go. There could also be a subthread for comments on the structure of the polls (such as here).

I don't know if BBO is set up to allow a message that forbids direct responses but it would be very handy here. It would in no way inhibit responses, it would simply direct them to a subthread to keep the rules of the game in a clean spot.

At any rate, I hope you can make this very valuable idea of problems with a panel response work. I think I could cope with any of several formats but I had some real difficulty working out what was happening here, and I am far from sure I have it all straight yet. Maybe, for example, you are already doing as I suggest and I just didn't figure it out.

Ken
Ken

#6 User is offline   bearmum 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2005-May-25, 06:03

shoeless, on May 24 2005, 02:34 PM, said:

Could we have two forms of the poll?  One for the bridge hawks (as it now) and one for the plebes.  Love bridge polls with panels cause I can see how I do (usually suck), but chasing through the threads to find the scoring is more time than I want to spend.  I appraciate it is likely a lot of work to engineer a feedback to me including panel votes and your score, however a single Panel Results thread that is closed would be cool for me.

I think the FIRST set of BBO poll questions SOMEWHERE the answers that the Panelists gave WERE posted ( but my 'senior' brain can't remember where :) )
Hopefully the panel votes for BBO poll 2 will be posted soon?? -- than I can work out I got about 10 points for all 6 questions :) --- but I did enjoy entering the comp :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users