Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

forgotten user name and password

#1 User is offline   MAphd 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-March-29, 11:29

My partner played on BBO one time years ago. She does not remember user name or password. She tried to join but wasn't allowed to. Has anyone dealt with this problem in the past?

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-March-29, 12:24

View PostMAphd, on 2020-March-29, 11:29, said:

My partner played on BBO one time years ago. She does not remember user name or password. She tried to join but wasn't allowed to. Has anyone dealt with this problem in the past?

She will need to register with a new username unless BBO has some record that associates her old account with an email address. For people who joined years ago, this really means that they purchased BBO$ otherwise there is no record.

Now that BBO requires email verification, this should be a problem of the past (my opinion, I do not work for BBO).

The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   PL53 

• Pip

Posted 2020-April-05, 05:30

Not a reply, but seeking a better answer. A friend has just registered, but is unsure of her user name and/or password. No email adress has been regsitered. How can we completely remove the values that are presumably stored somewhere on her computer and begin again

It also seems that it is very unwise to let the computer remember these items - this prevents another family memberfom using the same computer with a different user name

#4 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-April-05, 06:40

View PostPL53, on 2020-April-05, 05:30, said:

Not a reply, but seeking a better answer. A friend has just registered, but is unsure of her user name and/or password. No email adress has been regsitered. How can we completely remove the values that are presumably stored somewhere on her computer and begin again

It also seems that it is very unwise to let the computer remember these items - this prevents another family memberfom using the same computer with a different user name

If no email address has been registered then your friend is not registered and there will not be any information stored on the computer. Unless you meant that they'd registered in the past and can no longer remember their details, but you can just begin again and not worry about anything remaining on the system.

The ability of BBO to remember user details on a computer is the choice of the user, not BBO. BBO runs quite happily in 'private' or 'anonymous' mode and the only difference you'll notice is that setting changes are not saved.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#5 User is offline   PL53 

• Pip

Posted 2020-April-05, 09:57

Thanks for your advice - it was all my fault :-[ I failed to tell the would-be members to skip the log-in fields and proceed directly to 'Become a Member'.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users