BBO Discussion Forums: Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 1102 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? Bernie Sanders wants to know who owns America?

#22021 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted Today, 08:04

View Postshyams, on 2024-October-16, 23:33, said:

I find two of the preceding three posts above quite incredible.

1. What is evil about JD Vance except that he was picked to be the GOP VP candidate? He comes from a tough background (unless you disbelieve his story) & seems to have a non-extreme voting record. For what it's worth, he has been a big supporter of the FTC and Lina Khan. Sure, he comes from the Venture Capital / Pvt Equity sector which makes one wonder if he's a puppet of the multi-billionaires. Barring that one concern, he appears to be a run-of-the-mill politician.

If you already believe he is a vile human in the same mould as Trump, it is quite likely that you are being programmed by your media to gear up for him being GOP nominee in 2028 (I don't think he will be the one). And even if he's top of the ticket in '28, none of you are going to vote for Vance under any circumstances...

2. One can see Kamala Harris evolve & modify her policies in response to feedback etc. One can see her exploring new topic, appearing for more interviews, pushing back on criticisms, and trying hard to demonstrate that she will be a good President. In my personal opinion, she is coming across as more confident and more presidential.

She is working hard on her main job (trying to convince voters). Sure, some will remain dissuaded. So what?? Why blame voters weeks before the election and label them deplorables?

3. BTW, Steve Bannon is in jail. It may be a factor why the MAGA campaign is losing steam.

I am not prepared to write a lengthy evaluation of Vance When Trump chose him it was a while before I realized that he was the author of Hillbilly Elegy, a book I thought I would read but never got around to doing so. Probably I have a lot of company in this. WaPo gives a recent quote:

But let;s try this.

"Did Donald Trump lose the election? Not by the words that I would use," he said in his most direct answer to the question yet. "But look, I really couldn't care less if you agree with me or disagree with me on this issue."

Yeah, it's WaPo but it does have quotation marks and I have seen the same quote elsewhere.

Try the second sentance. He could not care less. Four years after the last election Trump is still claiming that he won, Vance agrees, Vance couldn't care less as to what others think of this. Me, I think it's important. I think Trump might very well win but I have not abandoned all hope. But one thing I am sure of. If Trump loses, he will announce that the election was rigged and actually he won. That's certain. And it matters. It matters a lot. I care a great deal about whether Trump/Vance will or will not accept a loss. They won't. That's bad.

I realize that any Republican who says Biden actually won the election four years ago will be deemed a traitor. Too bad about that. This country has a serious problem. Vance is clear. he doesn't care.

Harris is a commie. Etc. Yeah, sure.

Ken

#22022 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted Today, 11:04

I find two of the preceding three posts above quite incredible.

1. What is evil about JD Vance except that he was picked to be the GOP VP candidate?

Well, to start with, he created a fraudulent non profit to fight opioid addiction.

That's normally considered pretty damn evil...

And then of course, there's all the race baiting lies that he tells.
That's also generally considered evil (or at least it used to be)

And all the lies during the Vice Presidential debate
And they fact that he'd be willing to overthrown a constitutional republic

I can go if you'd like
Alderaan delenda est

#22023 User is offline   shyams 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 11:56

View Posthrothgar, on 2024-October-17, 11:04, said:

I can go if you'd like

Please do

#22024 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 15:28

1. What is evil about JD Vance except that he was picked to be the GOP VP candidate? He comes from a tough background (unless you disbelieve his story) & seems to have a non-extreme voting record. For what it's worth, he has been a big supporter of the FTC and Lina Khan. Sure, he comes from the Venture Capital / Pvt Equity sector which makes one wonder if he's a puppet of the multi-billionaires. Barring that one concern, he appears to be a run-of-the-mill politician.

Well, JD Vance was the first QOP MAGAt of national prominence to amplify the totally fake rumor that Haitian immigrants were killing and eating pets in Springfield Ohio. The original claim was spread by ultra right fringe QOP and neo-Nazis. Convicted Felon Trump is continuing to spread that rumor to his low education base of supporters. As far as catering to MAGAt racists and white supremacists, Vance is unwilling to denounce those who are attacking his wife with racial slurs. Vance's wife's parents immigrated from India. Not defending his own wife against racist attacks for political expediency? Well, that sounds like a man of integrity, right???

Just like Trump, Vance has never met a racist, white supremacist, or Nazi that he didn't like.

As far as wondering whether Vance is a puppet of the multi-billionaires, Vance is the puppet of only a single multi billionaire, and that would be Peter Thiel. Vance's rise to wealth came after Thiel hired him at his venture capital firm, and Thiel donated $15 million to Vance's senate campaign in Ohio, and an unknown amount of dark money. Thiel also donated double digit millions to ultra right fringe candidate Blake Masters' senate run in Arizona. So, yes, there is legitimate concern when a political candidate gets $15 million from a single contributor who also gave him a job that was the source of much of his wealth.

2. One can see Kamala Harris evolve & modify her policies in response to feedback etc. One can see her exploring new topic, appearing for more interviews, pushing back on criticisms, and trying hard to demonstrate that she will be a good President. In my personal opinion, she is coming across as more confident and more presidential.

She is working hard on her main job (trying to convince voters). Sure, some will remain dissuaded. So what?? Why blame voters weeks before the election and label them deplorables?

You don't seem to get that this is Kamala's first run as face of a national campaign. When she was elected San Francisco DA, and later California Attorney General and later California US Senator, she was running in one of the bluest states in the US. Maybe it should be obvious, but apparently not, you run on mostly local issues when running for city and state offices. When Kamala was running as Biden's VP, her job was to support the policies of Joe Biden, not her own.

When you are running for president, you need support from around the country, and different areas of the country have different priorities. You can't just write off vast stretches of the country so you modify your positions, or at least emphasize different aspects to appeal to a wider base. And like anybody running for president except the incumbent, you have to convince people that you can do the job as president.

As far as labeling the ultra right fringe QOP MAGAts as deplorables, are you sure you're not confusing Kamala with Hillary's comment about the QOP being "a basket of deplorables"??? Or Biden calling Convicted Felon Trump and his QOP MAGAts "semi-fascists"??? Of course, both statement are just mild criticisms of Trump and his cult members and 100% accurate.

3. BTW, Steve Bannon is in jail. It may be a factor why the MAGA campaign is losing steam.

Steve Bannon??? 🤣😂🤣 The QOP has a very deep bench even after so many of them are either in prison or under indictment. Convicted Felon Trump runs his own campaign and sets his own campaign message. Trump is also busy skimming off as many millions from his campaign for personal use and doesn't need another crook like Bannon trying to steal from the same pool that Trump is stealing from.

• 1102 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

282 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 281 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Google,
  2. Facebook,
  3. akwoo