BBO Discussion Forums: Gazzilli/Häxan in a limited opening context - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gazzilli/Häxan in a limited opening context

#1 User is offline   Kungsgeten 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-June-16, 06:14

Some player's in Sweden are using Gazzilli/Häxan 2 even though they're playing limited major openings (something like 1M 11--16 or 10--15). In this case the 2 rebid after 1M--1X; is usually natural or any max hand. I have a different suggestion, which only includes some of the max hands (the ones I believe is most useful to partner in order to find thin games; focusing on the majors).

The basic idea is that rebidding the major shows clubs and rebidding diamonds is natural. Both of this bids does not limit the hand further (but is min if 5-5). Bidding 2 shows 6+ cards in opener's major, max with 5-5 distribution or a major oriented max hand (depends on responder's bid). Here's a summary:

1H--1S;
1NT = Natural
2C = 6+ hearts or max with 5-5 or max with 3 spades (perhaps even 4 spades?)
2D = Natural, min/max not defined
2H = Clubs, min/max not defined
2S = Natural, min
2NT = Could be max with 4 card support or whatever you like
3m = 5-5, not max but not super min either, so perhaps (12)13--14. Could also be reserved for 6-5.

1H--1NT;
2C = 6+ hearts or max with 5-5
2D = Nat, min/max
2H = Clubs, min/max
2S = 6-5
2NT = Whatever you like
3m = As above

1S--1NT;
2C = 6+ spades or max with 5-5 or max with 4 hearts
2D = Nat, min/max
2H = Nat, min
2S = Clubs, min/max
Higher = Same principle as above

After 2 responder can bid 2D as an asking bid or bid a natural bid with a weak hand not interested. After the asking bid opener's bid is natural, but 2NT shows max with 6+ cards in the opening suit. Example:

1H--1S; 2C--2D;
2H = Min with 6+ hearts
2S = Max with 3(+) spades
2NT = Max with 6+ hearts
3m = Max with 5-5

The main problems with the method is that you can not play 2 and that the the space after 1M--1X; 2M is very limited (I guess the only forcing bid would be 2NT, or perhaps use 2NT as a puppet to clubs which is weak/GF and make 3 invitational).

#2 User is offline   phoenix214 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge; Chess; Boardgames; Physics; Math; Problem solving; and anything that makes my brain thinking.

Posted 2014-June-21, 18:55

Maybe i can share my idea with in a limited opening context(although it has some more modifications):
1-1[Forcing NT]
1NT-Gazilli or 6min
2- 5-4+min
2[- 5-4+min
2- 5-4 min(Delay Flanery)
2 - Dont recall at the given moment
2NT - Solid , good hand(Something like AKQJxx and a side K atleast)
3m - 6-5 max
3 - Good hand with hearts(Not solid H)

After 1NT rebid you follow classical Gaz t.i. 2-Game possible vs the max, others-natural negative

After 1-1-1NT-2:
2 Any 5-4m max
2 SO
2 5-4(maybe can rotate)
2NT - 6-4x Max
3x - 5-5 Max
3 Something intermediate i guess.

The idea behind this is that opener can show his pattern (5-4/5-5/6-4/6-5) and min/max although there might be problems with 5-4 max with minors(Needs testing i guess)
As you notice there is the odd feature, that there are no 5332 shapes. This is because they are opened with a different opening(In the style i currently play, we do that by 1NT.) When reorganizing our system, i noticed, that we had the problem, that 1 is almost always 5(except weak hand, then can be 4), so Kaplan Intervention seemed natural here.(With 4 GF start 2, and with a bal inv hand you start forcing NT, so that leaves weak with 4 and inv with a side longer minor, and both of them can fit into forcing NT).
The structure after 1 follows a similar build

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users