BBO Discussion Forums: Official BBF 2014 World Cup Thread - BBO Discussion Forums

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official BBF 2014 World Cup Thread about all around football and samba

Poll: NEW POLL (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Whats your predict now for the winner?

1. BRA (3 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. ARG (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. GER (7 votes [63.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

4. NL (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 User is offline   Aberlour10 

• Vugrapholic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-June-24, 16:39

View Postgwnn, on 2014-June-24, 14:03, said:

Aberlour, ok, for you touching someone on their back with your feet while you're jumping to head the ball is just as dangerous as stamping under someone's knees (you can very easily break someone's legs with the second one, they can get some mud on the T-shirt from the first one). Good for you. I guess you think Marchesio also tried to play the ball and he was not malicious at all?

Look it in this perspective

http://nesncom.files...gif?w=640&h=360

To jump so with full speed into the player and hit him with the foot in the neck ist still by far more dangerous as what Marchesio did.
Preempts are Aberlour's best bridge friends

#162 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-24, 16:57

View PostPhantomSac, on 2014-June-24, 14:16, said:

I was looking into putting a large bet on a tie for this reason (both teams are incentivized heavily to tie), but the market seems to have adjusted a lot for this factor, the odds of a tie are significantly higher than they would have been if this had been game 1.

I don't really know anything about soccer, what are peoples opinions of how much of a factor this will be to the German team?

Factors are

-The heat
-Comfortable position of both teams
-Not taking risk and try to not have a serious injury in an (kinda) unimportant match ( players tend to approach to the ball like girls at this type of games, if someone charging aggressively they prefer to lose the ball for not getting injured) Some teams do not even line up with their best 11 in that type of games and you can hardly blame the coach.

But all of this does not mean they will just shake hands and try to tie the match. I am with Arend (Cherdano) on this. We (USA) have been well prepared for this WC by Klinsman. I watched every single second of "Road to 2014 WC" TV show of how USA prepared including all practice matches and sessions. One thing stroke me is their conditioning. Their physical conditioning is very good, they are doing good with the possession of the ball as well. However what scares the ***** out of me is our defense. Even though i try to watch every game, I watched Germany only vs Ghana and they did not impress me. But they love defensive mistakes of opponents and we do this a lot. Germans are not only dangerous from the wings, but they have their weird way of creating (i bet all practiced 1000 times) accurate positions at the top of the box which their opponents always seem to get caught unguarded. Brazil is the other team who does that. They also defend that goal area like you defend a bridge hand.

Basically they play this game just like they built cars like Mercedes or BMW. They are not as fancy as Ferrari, Lamborghini or Corvette to watch, but they are more stable, safer and more comfortable Posted Image
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#163 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-24, 17:29

View PostAberlour10, on 2014-June-24, 13:37, said:

Sorry I was wrong with "no card".

But this action was not less dangerous for me than the one in the red situation

That's completely wrong. Getting stomped as done by Marchisio can cause the type of injury that ends careers - your foot is locked into the ground with the cleats and your full weight on it, while suddenly someone stomps on it from the side - perfect mechanics to break your knee.

Also note that Marchisio made an effort to put his cleats up into the opponent's leg, while Balotelli made an effort to tack his cleats in and bracing the impact by hitting his opponent with his full lower leg than just with his feet.

To summarize, Balotelli went at the ball with full speed and high risk dangerously, but then braced the impact once he saw the opponent had beaten him to the spot. Marchisio made no play at the ball, just stomped his opponent in a way to maximize the "hurts brutally but looks harmless" quotient, and put his cleats up to top off.

Obviously Suarez should have been sent off, but Marchisio has only himself to blame.

As an aside, a Suarez speciality is to stomp on an opponent's foot with his cleat - and he gets away with it way too often.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#164 User is offline   Aberlour10 

• Vugrapholic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-24, 17:42

View Postcherdano, on 2014-June-24, 17:29, said:

That's completely wrong.

Do you really want to compare the situation in that a 88kg human missle hit sombody in the most tenderest region of the body. Such a brutal action may not only end the sport career but with very very heavy head and/or neck injuries. Urus #6 has had a lot of luck that this did not happen.

I dont see here any try to baffle the impact. He saw him before he jumped brutally in.

#165 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-24, 19:37

View PostPhantomSac, on 2014-June-24, 14:16, said:

I don't really know anything about soccer, what are peoples opinions of how much of a factor this will be to the German team?

There is a perception that Germans are very rule-abiding. That's not entirely correct, they just wait for the payoff matrix for rule-breaking to be favourable :P
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#166 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2014-June-25, 00:35

View PostAberlour10, on 2014-June-24, 16:39, said:

Look it in this perspective

To jump so with full speed into the player and hit him with the foot in the neck ist still by far more dangerous as what Marchesio did.

No need to link to the gif, I already told you I saw the video. Now you are even changing your position from "he did the same" and "it is just as dangerous" to far more dangerous? WTF? You are also ignoring my question: do you think Balotelli wanted to hurt his opponent as Marchisio? To me, the two things are quite different since Balotelli was more like "I wanna get the ball! I see this guy in the way but I wanna get the ball no matter what!!!" and he saw that he will get it, he even tried to lessen the impact by relaxing his ankles and kneed and the impact was with the top side of his foot and his shin, not his studs. It's not "the same" and definitely not worse. Marchisio said the opposite: "I wanna break this guy's legs! I see that the ball is going in the other direction but I don't care, I just wanna rough him up." The intent is completely different and the force of the impact also bigger. Also even kicking someone in the head at full force (which Balotelli did NOT do, not by a long shot, his ankles were not strained and it was not a direct hit - I exaggerated above about just a "touch" but it was a collision, not a hit) is not as dangerous as stomping in the knees. I said this is not kickboxing but there you have people kicking each other everywhere all the time in the head and they're just fine, but they don't really stamp because that would be dangerous (and they have no studded shoes). It is very easy to break any joint by putting pressure from the side, especially if the foot is tense).

edit: spelling
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#167 User is offline   billw55 

• enigmatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-25, 05:58

I can agree on one point for sure. Balotelli's play was reckless, but Marchisio's was deliberate. I guess this makes a difference in the ref's call. It took me several viewings of the Marchisio play, in slow motion even, to realize this. The ref on the other hand, saw it only once at full speed, from perhaps a less ideal vantage point, and spotted it. So they do get things right, probably most things, its just the ones they miss that get the most attention.
Life is long and beautiful, if bad things happen, good things will follow.
-gwnn

#168 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-25, 14:49

http://bitemangame.com/
OK
bed

#169 User is offline   billw55 

• enigmatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-26, 15:00

A similar foul on Belgium just before half, also drawing red.
Life is long and beautiful, if bad things happen, good things will follow.
-gwnn

#170 User is offline   Aberlour10 

• Vugrapholic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-28, 08:41

167 people in Norway bet that Suarez would bite during the WC. The odds were 1/175 heh

#171 User is offline   Aberlour10 

• Vugrapholic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-28, 14:30

no doubt, THE GOAL of the tournament.perfect moves.

#172 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-28, 23:05

Posted Image
OK
bed

#173 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-28, 23:08

Dempsey scores; Michael Bradley solves the problems with his first touch; lolbelgium

Big Macs 2 - Waffles 1
OK
bed

#174 User is offline   PhantomSac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-29, 00:46

View PostAberlour10, on 2014-June-28, 08:41, said:

167 people in Norway bet that Suarez would bite during the WC. The odds were 1/175 heh

On 2+2, the biggest poker forum online, a guy posted that he bet the equivalent of 10 bucks on it for fun before the WC. Pretty epic. I think he only got 150:1 though.
The artist formerly known as jlall

#175 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt

Posted 2014-June-29, 02:19

Well, sad day for them, since it turns out that Suarez only slipped and hit his head on Chiellini's shoulders. :)

https://uk.eurosport...-140332035.html
      George Carlin

#176 User is offline   Aberlour10 

• Vugrapholic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-29, 02:56

View Postjjbrr, on 2014-June-28, 23:08, said:

Dempsey scores; Michael Bradley solves the problems with his first touch; lolbelgium

Big Macs 2 - Waffles 1

Let's talk about the real thing, lolklinsi

Big Fries 2 - Chicken Wings 0

#177 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt

Posted 2014-June-29, 03:04

Picked up on Twitter today ("The US play their farewell game on Tuesday"):
http://pic.twitter.com/OtEp0mHOaJ
      George Carlin

#178 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2014-June-29, 04:16

View PostAberlour10, on 2014-June-29, 02:56, said:

Let's talk about the real thing, lolklinsi

Big Fries with mayo 2 - Chicken Wings 0

FYP

#179 User is offline   Aberlour10 

• Vugrapholic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-29, 06:14

Any predicts for Jenever vs Tequilla?

#180 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt

Posted 2014-June-29, 07:10

A very promising stat:

The Dutch team has never lost on the Southern Hemisphere on the second day of Ramadan to a team of which name has equal number of vowels and consonants.
      George Carlin

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

25 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users