BBO Discussion Forums: BBO Mobile App Version 3.70 Comments Thread - BBO Discussion Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO Mobile App Version 3.70 Comments Thread Please post feedback here

#41 User is offline   KamalK 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-February-21, 07:18

Hi Barmar, thx for the reply. With Fred and the Team looking into things I am sure very soon every single issue will be sorted out.

Meanwhile, is it possible to send a chat message to Club when playing in a public/private club? It's a very useful feature that's missing or have I missed something out?

Thanks for your help. Best wishes
"If anything needs to be done *at all*, it needs to be done well"

#42 User is offline   fdouglis 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-February-27, 22:12

I just upgraded the other day. I agree with the many people who dislike the new format and especially with anyone who said they were misclicking. In my first mini I must have misplayed my intended card at least 3 times. I tried to slow down but it was force-of-habit. I'm not playing on my ipad until this is fixed, and the ipad was about 95% of my BBO play. (I like to play robot minis and watch tv at the same time. Now I'll have to just watch TV!)

#43 User is offline   svs108 

• Pip

Posted 2014-February-28, 01:36

Hi, Fred. Thanks for the great work on the mobile app. I have a small bug on the 3.72 Android version of the app on my Nexus 4. The app simply does not connect and times out with the scroller going round and round. I can only get the app to work by swiping it out from the recent apps list. Then it re-loads and works fine. But next time I go to the app, it does not work. This never happened prior to the upgrade. No biggie, I just swipe it out of memory whenever I need to use it, but it is inconvenient.

Since you are in any event working on the update, please look into this bug also. TIA.

#44 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-February-28, 02:18

View Postbarmar, on 2014-February-13, 10:37, said:

Notes are coming in the next version, as Fred said a couple of days ago.

Talking of notes....it would be great if it supported hand-notes (same for BBO web version).
Like http://www.bridgebas...r.html?editor=y

That's something I'd pay for.
Alan

#45 User is offline   fdouglis 

• Pip

Posted 2014-March-04, 19:42

View Postfdouglis, on 2014-February-27, 22:12, said:

I just upgraded the other day. I agree with the many people who dislike the new format and especially with anyone who said they were misclicking. In my first mini I must have misplayed my intended card at least 3 times. I tried to slow down but it was force-of-habit. I'm not playing on my ipad until this is fixed, and the ipad was about 95% of my BBO play. (I like to play robot minis and watch tv at the same time. Now I'll have to just watch TV!)

I made the mistake of trying again, thinking I would be careful enough. Sure enough, I managed to play a low card instead of a high one that would have cleared a suit, giving up several tricks and ensuring a bottom. I bailed out of the ACBL after the 3rd or 4th hand. With real money at stake to play in these, I'm astounded it could be this buggy, especially when it used to work just fine.

#46 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-March-05, 01:21

View Postfdouglis, on 2014-March-04, 19:42, said:

I made the mistake of trying again, thinking I would be careful enough. Sure enough, I managed to play a low card instead of a high one that would have cleared a suit, giving up several tricks and ensuring a bottom. I bailed out of the ACBL after the 3rd or 4th hand. With real money at stake to play in these, I'm astounded it could be this buggy, especially when it used to work just fine.

Is this purely an iPad problem? I cannot reproduce it in Android. And yet we are assured that they are effectively the same.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#47 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-March-05, 09:51

Have you tried using hand diagram mode instead of pictures?

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users