BBO Discussion Forums: Did I miss something ? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Did I miss something ? You don't have a weak 2 available.

#1 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2013-December-22, 00:05

You didnt have a weak 2 available.

Whats your call is it close ?
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#2 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-December-22, 03:51

Lefty could have a big hand, so while it's tempting to bid 3(at matchpoints) I think it is way too dangerous.

If you choose to play without a weak 2 opening, you just have to take your lumps.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#3 User is offline   PhilKing 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-December-22, 04:43

I would have opened 3 without blinking. 2 now.

#4 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-December-22, 05:09

Even with the option of a weak 2D bid, I would have opened at the 3 level. I'm not sure whether I would pass or bid 2D here - neither option looks clear.

#5 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-December-22, 06:44

Only thing you seem to miss was "expert forum" title imo Posted Image (joke)

2 weak not being available is OK.

Being conservative and not opening 3 is also OK

What is left now is, pass, 2 or 3.

Coming from pass does not give you free pass for making funny bids. 2 is way too big overbid imo. (Pd is not coming from pass, he just passed over 1 those are very different things) Choice will be between 3 dia and pass. There is no indication yet that they have a fit, pd may be holding bunch of spades,and preempting after opponents opened and responded is much more dangerous, and due to letting them make their bids first and then jumping in has very little to gain, especially for someone who was not brave enough to open it when he had a chance. Bidding 3 now is very inconsistent with your previous action.It has lot less to gain and lot more to lose.

To me pass is clear at this point. Even though i don't like my previous action. At worst we may miss a good save, but this is far from being due to our pass now. Imo it will be due to previous pass, if there is any game for them and a save for us.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#6 User is offline   mfa1010 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-December-22, 06:49

3 the first time, at these colours a 6-carder is routine. Even 2nd seat.

Pass now but don't hate 2D. The problem is that partner still could be strong and might not take the joke and bid more than the 3D raise, we would be rooting for.
Michael Askgaard

#7 User is online   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-December-22, 07:52

Pass. I don't want a diamond lead. Would have opened 3d at imps
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#8 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2013-December-23, 00:39

View PostMrAce, on 2013-December-22, 06:44, said:

Only thing you seem to miss was "expert forum" title imo Posted Image (joke)

Well. It is surprising some of the topics that have appeared in this forum lately.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#9 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2013-December-29, 05:38

A bit too late to come in now with crappy hands. The preemptive effect is gone and it's quite useless to bid now imo. If you don't have a weak two available, open a weak three at these colors...
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

#10 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2013-December-29, 16:17

I would have opened 3D too but bidding 2D/3D over 1NT is just so obvious, its just too likely you can find a sac over opps game.

North had

Kxxxx
A
A9xx
Axx

and 5D is making 6. Gromov and Dubinin defended against 2H, south had a 3rd chance to bid but was scared they make 4H and passed in the balancing seat.
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#11 User is offline   mfa1010 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-December-30, 05:08

View Postbenlessard, on 2013-December-29, 16:17, said:

North had

Kxxxx
A
A9xx
Axx

Just about the average dummy, maybe slightly on the unlucky side.
Michael Askgaard

#12 User is offline   Lorne50 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2013-December-30, 06:30

Like others I would have opened 3 but have a related question. If you bid 3 now shouldn't it show 4 hearts as well, else why on earth did you pass first time?

#13 User is offline   dake50 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-December-30, 07:43

Like others I would have opened 3 but have a related question.
If you bid 3 diamonds now shouldn't it show 4 hearts as well, else why on earth did you pass first time? -- Lorne50

*** Me too. A bid not chosen last round, must have been for a reason.
Wal-lah. A 4cM not to be lost.

#14 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-January-01, 09:30

View Postbenlessard, on 2013-December-29, 16:17, said:

I would have opened 3D too but bidding 2D/3D over 1NT is just so obvious, its just too likely you can find a sac over opps game.

Obviously it is not so obvious, not even close to be obvious except than obvious only to you, if you look at the replies. If replies don't mean anything to you, and the bid over 1 nt is so obvious, why did you ask it anyway ?
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users