BBO Discussion Forums: first hand from panama bridge festival - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

first hand from panama bridge festival

#1 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-May-19, 08:01

If you have a decent browser (anything except Internet explorer) you should be able to see the hand on this link:

(would you be so kind and register/log in before play? the hand record looks boring when all the player names are blank. If you do it badly on the board your name won't show up anyway)

First hand of the Panama Bridge Festival

This hand playing Match Points gathered 2 'spannish' pairs, Goded-Rato playing NS, and Brenner-Anidjar on EW. After rotating the hand you can take my sit in south, with Brenner in your left.

If you can't play the hand, you can think of the problem looking at the spoiler:

Spoiler

#2 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-May-19, 08:35

I played 4-1, BUT wasn't allowed to pass out 1x which I think can be held to 2 tricks potentially or I will not be overruffed on the third because I'll have some warning if we don't play 1X.

#3 User is offline   Hanoi5 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Video Games, Languages, Travelling.

Posted 2013-May-19, 08:39

I also went down, but on 4 the first time. East should have shown , that would have made things more interesting, though the way the cards lie... But nice one if you saw it at the table.

By the way, what are you doing in Panamá instead of going to Mangaratiba?

View Postwyman, on 2012-May-04, 09:48, said:

Also, he rates to not have a heart void when he leads the 3.

View Postrbforster, on 2012-May-20, 21:04, said:

Besides playing for fun, most people also like to play bridge to win

My YouTube Channel

#4 User is offline   PhilKing 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-May-19, 13:04

I am on tilt.

#5 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2013-May-19, 15:05

damn sorry for th emissing options on the bidding, but they were leading to too many places to account or them.

Spoiler

I didn't let you pass 1X because dealer had an easy redouble over it, and the continuations after East ecapes to diamonds are innumerable to account for.

#6 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2013-May-19, 19:39

I played 4=, but I wasn't happy with any of the options I was allowed during the auction.

The play part doesn't seem very good (ie how on earth did I make 4?); the defenders played their cards seemingly at random.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#7 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2013-May-19, 21:57

4 is cold as the cards lie, and you might even make 11 if they sleep a bit.

The playing bot in 4 can be upgraded for sure, but it seemed to me what only mattered was how you played the spades, I put the defence to try to set up a heart ruff, and they could achieve it if you are not careful enough.

EDIT: Rainer made 11 tricks after defence underruffed lol, happens when you fail to see all possible combinations.

#8 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2013-May-19, 22:06

Fluffy, on 2013-May-19, 21:57, said:

4 is cold as the cards lie, and you might even make 11 if they sleep a bit.

The playing bot in 4 can be upgraded for sure, but it seemed to me what only mattered was how you played the spades, I put the defence to try to set up a heart ruff, and they could achieve it if you are not careful enough.

I drew trumps, so they didn't get their heart ruff, but they didn't get lots of diamond tricks either.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#9 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-May-20, 02:26

I got a javascript error when I tried to register (Object[ Object object] has no method AjaxSubmit, so I had to play it anonymously, I played 4H making 11 after LHO underruffed.
Wayne Somerville

#10 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2013-May-20, 05:09

Vampyr, on 2013-May-19, 22:06, said:

I drew trumps, so they didn't get their heart ruff, but they didn't get lots of diamond tricks either.

Thanks for testing the hands. I should had made the defence smarter. Or perhaps, if I am not going to put a lot of effort on a contract that I think won't be very popular, I should perhaps just disallow it and force the bidding to reach the contract I am programming the most.

#11 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2013-May-20, 05:21

manudude03, on 2013-May-20, 02:26, said:

I got a javascript error when I tried to register (Object[ Object object] has no method AjaxSubmit, so I had to play it anonymously, I played 4H making 11 after LHO underruffed.

I have fixed this problem, relying on third party's site to be up was not a smart idea, now I put a libreary copy on mine, will only fail if google goes down... but the whole internet will be doom then :P

EDIT: No more underruffs going to happen.

#12 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles

Posted 2013-May-21, 01:29

I passed and then cue-bid. When partner bid 2 I wanted to bid a natural 2NT, but it wouldn't let me.

Using IE10, if I resize the browser window during the play, all the played cards reappear.

I went off in 4 at the first attempt, but made an overtrick second time around. A lot like my real-life bridge in fact.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

#13 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2013-May-21, 12:30

What happened to you andy? the data I have says that you played twice 3 from hand losing a trick first to K running the queen) and several tricks later to 7, on a weird trick that went c2c7c3c5. I hope it is a bug with the data, and not the play.

#14 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles

Posted 2013-May-21, 12:59

Fluffy, on 2013-May-21, 12:30, said:

What happened to you andy? the data I have says that you played twice 3 from hand losing a trick first to K running the queen) and several tricks later to 7, on a weird trick that went c2c7c3c5. I hope it is a bug with the data, and not the play.

I think that was after I'd resized the window part-way through the play. It was showing the entire hand, with the cards in their original positions. Some (not all) of the cards I'd already played were playable a second time.

I've just done this again (20.57 Spanish time), and it let me play D2 a second time.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

#15 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2013-May-21, 16:26

gnasher, on 2013-May-21, 12:59, said:

I think that was after I'd resized the window part-way through the play. It was showing the entire hand, with the cards in their original positions. Some (not all) of the cards I'd already played were playable a second time.

I've just done this again (20.57 Spanish time), and it let me play D2 a second time.

Ok, I see it, resizing routine has the full hand as data so puts the full hand.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users