• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-December-22, 04:06

IMPs

Q-A-2-3
3-2-A-Q
5-4-8-7
5-T-K-6
What is your plan to make this? (Italian signals by Opps: D6 asks C)

#2 User is online   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-December-22, 10:07

I like this hand a lot. I will think more about it later but what I give you now is from thought that I would perhaps have time to do at the table.

Lead the heart K. I am assuming W has the ace, and it would be a pretty deep game for him to duck again. So he is in and cannot profitably lead a club. Suppose a diamond comes back. I ruff and cash a heart. If by any chance W shows out on this third hear I can claim nine tricks. I cash another heart, bringing me up to one diamond and three hearts. I ruff the last spade on the board and whether E over-ruffs or not, I have five spade tricks (including the ruff, if he does not oveer-ruuf). But back to the tough spot. Suppose W follows to the third heart. As near as i can tell, I need E to have three hearts or I can't make this. So I pitch. If that holds, I have two heart tricks to go with my ace of diamonds. I now need some luck or an error. Ruff the fourth heart on the board. If E overruffs, the error I need, they get two clubs and I get the rest. If he refuses to over-ruff I need luck. I ruff a diamond, leaving me with one trump that I hope to score. I lead the king of clubs from my hand, hoping W has AQJ or perhaps AQJx and is not up for wining and then playing the x (with one spade, six diamonds, three hearts, he will not have four clubs, but of course who knows about the six diamonds). Or with AQx, maybe he cashes the Q. You haven't said how good these opponents are. If I am W, I might cash the Q. Not on a good day, maybe but...If E takes two clubs in his hand, whatever he now leads, I get my last trump. So I get all the trump in my hand, that's five, the ruff on the board, two hearts, the ace of diamonds for nine tricks.

That's the best I can come up with.
Ken

#3 User is offline   kgr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-December-22, 15:29

View Postkenberg, on 2012-December-22, 10:07, said:

I like this hand a lot. I will think more about it later but what I give you now is from thought that I would perhaps have time to do at the table.
..no need to think more.
LHO had: 1363 with AQJ

#4 User is online   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-December-22, 21:01

Thanks! Every once in a while....

I do like the hand.
Ken

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic