BBO Discussion Forums: Disconnected, what now? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disconnected, what now? How to resume a running tournament?

#1 User is offline   cheminfo 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-October-24, 03:41

If, when playing a tournament, you are disconnected shortly for some
reason, it is not possible to get back into the running tournament.

This is annoying as not only you are kicked out of the tournament bur also you are
then qualified as a "runner" and eventually are blacklisted!

In BBO on PC, there was a section "running tournaments" through which you could
anytime resume your play, which I propose to implement also in BBO on Ipad/Iphone.

Have a nice day

Martin

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-October-24, 11:51

Some tournaments are set up to automatically put you back in your seat when you reconnect (I think all the ACBL and robot tourneys are set up like this). If the tournament you were playing in was not set up this way, you need to contact the TD, and he can reseat you.

The web version of BBO has "running tournaments". Go into List All Tournaments, and there are three buttons at the top: Pending, Running, and Complete. Click on Running and you'll see this. The mobile version doesn't have this yet, but you don't need to use it to get back into a tournament after reconnecting.

#3 User is offline   cheminfo 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-October-25, 03:31

barmar, on 2012-October-24, 11:51, said:

Some tournaments are set up to automatically put you back in your seat when you reconnect (I think all the ACBL and robot tourneys are set up like this). If the tournament you were playing in was not set up this way, you need to contact the TD, and he can reseat you.

The web version of BBO has "running tournaments". Go into List All Tournaments, and there are three buttons at the top: Pending, Running, and Complete. Click on Running and you'll see this. The mobile version doesn't have this yet, but you don't need to use it to get back into a tournament after reconnecting.

Many tournaments are not set up this way and how to contact the TD, if you (as a non-player) are not getting back into a running tournament (in the mobile version)??

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-October-25, 03:57

When joining a tourney, it's often a good idea to make the TD a friend. Then when you reconnect, you can easily send him a message asking to be reseated. I think some TDs even send this suggestion to the tourney when it starts.

It's probably not a great idea to join tourneys when you're in a mobile environment with unreliable connections. You shouldn't take a phone call if switching away from the mobile app will cause you to be disconnected. It's not considerate of the other players, and if it happens to you frequently this is the reason for getting blacklisted.

P.S. If your question is specific to the mobile version, it would be nice if you'd say so. It wasn't obvious in your original message that suggested you were talking about mobile (unless I was supposed to infer that from the contrast with "on the PC" -- I thought that referred to the old Windows client). Or you could post in the BBO Mobile App Version 3.2 Comments Thread.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users