• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Necessity...

#1 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2012-September-24, 17:58

Saw this hand in a Cayne match today. See if you can do better than the actual declarer.

LHO leads the K, showing the Ace. RHO signals odd count. LHO shifts to the J.

Plan the play.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#2 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2012-September-24, 18:19

View PostPhil, on 2012-September-24, 17:58, said:

Saw this hand in a Cayne match today. See if you can do better than the actual declarer.

LHO leads the K, showing the Ace. RHO signals odd count. LHO shifts to the J.

Plan the play.

spoiler? :P I tried to post a spoiler-masked anwser but screwed it up, so here is my answer, with apologies to Phil if I preempted his hoped-for set of responses....of course, I may have screwed up the play as well

I duck the heart. I will assume RHO does likewise, tho I have lines mapped out should he not.

I win the presumed second heart and lead a top diamond, hoping LHO wins, in which case I assume he is endplayed. Regardless of his exit, sooner or later I am on the board to pitch a heart on the diamond winner, and will then take a spade hook, and if I get the reward to which I am entitled due to my clean living, LHO started with xxx Jx Axxxx AKx and I make my contract.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#3 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-September-24, 23:27

Who is this stranger called "MikeH" ? He seems like an OK player :P

Yes, the trick is to not play a spade but K as MikeH said.

Of course it is out of question but seems like a lead would do better job for EW.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users