BBO Discussion Forums: BBO Mobile App Version 3.2 Comments Thread - BBO Discussion Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

BBO Mobile App Version 3.2 Comments Thread

#21 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-September-15, 12:23

In lieu of a claim button (which I'm not sure how you can implement without it being abused in bot play), how about a toggle for "I don't care which card dummy plays, just make sure it doesn't revoke"? It will slightly speed cashing out as declarer, saving half the clicks. Not huge, but possibly a low-hanging fruit?

#22 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-September-15, 15:42

View PostAntrax, on 2012-September-15, 12:23, said:

In lieu of a claim button (which I'm not sure how you can implement without it being abused in bot play), how about a toggle for "I don't care which card dummy plays, just make sure it doesn't revoke"? It will slightly speed cashing out as declarer, saving half the clicks. Not huge, but possibly a low-hanging fruit?

That would also be nice in the regular BBO when playing the race-type games.

#23 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-September-17, 08:39

We have submitted a new version (3.3) of the BBO mobile app to Apple. The slowness problem that many iPad and iPhone users reported is (hopefully) solved in version 3.3.

Version 3.3 will not be available through iTunes until it is approved by Apple. That process normally takes about a week. The new Android version is already available both through Google Play and Amazon.

Aside from the performance improvements and various minor changes and bug fixes, the new version includes support for landscape orientation.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#24 User is offline   8po 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-September-18, 01:11

yes have just updated to 3.3. landscape orientation is great.

Still can't check player's profile when they r not sitting at table.

Still can't check who's kibbing at the table.

#25 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-September-18, 01:45

View Post8po, on 2012-September-18, 01:11, said:

yes have just updated to 3.3. landscape orientation is great.

Still can't check player's profile when they r not sitting at table.

Still can't check who's kibbing at the table.

To see who is kibbing at the table tap the More arrow at the top, then tap Who's Online. Choose "Kibitzers" in the spinner showing Friends/Hosts/Stars/Kibitzers.

For viewing a profile, tap and hold down your finger for a few seconds on the name of a player in chat. His profile will appear.

#26 User is offline   8po 

• Pip

Posted 2012-September-18, 18:37

View Postdiana_eva, on 2012-September-18, 01:45, said:

To see who is kibbing at the table tap the More arrow at the top, then tap Who's Online. Choose "Kibitzers" in the spinner showing Friends/Hosts/Stars/Kibitzers.

For viewing a profile, tap and hold down your finger for a few seconds on the name of a player in chat. His profile will appear.

Got it. Thank you Diana.

#27 User is offline   8po 

• Pip

Posted 2012-September-18, 18:41

Another minor problem is that the android app doesn't work well with Swype. There are bugs of some sort that make the input of words automatically repeat themselves and cannot get deleted.

#28 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-September-21, 13:41

3.3 avail for both android and apple now.
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#29 User is offline   bernard 

• Pip

Posted 2012-September-21, 16:29

Just tried new version 3.3 and it's a huge improvement in that all the slowness has gone. Landscape view is a nice bonus. Thank you Fred (and everyone else involved) in fixing the slowness issue.

#30 User is offline   mrdct 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-September-23, 16:02

The landscape option is a massive improvement. Top of my request list now is other room result when kibitzing/vugraph; perhaps only available in landscape given the extra real estate.
Disclaimer: The above post may be a half-baked sarcastic rant intended to stimulate discussion and it does not necessarily coincide with my own views on this topic.
I bidding the suit below the suit I'm actually showing not to be described as a "transfer" for the benefit of people unfamiliar with the concept of a transfer

#31 User is offline   Dwingo 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-September-24, 09:58

IPad/Iphone. Is there no Audio in this App? I miss the BBO sounds. Or am I missing something?
Bridge Players do it with Finesse

#32 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-September-24, 10:09

View Postmrdct, on 2012-September-23, 16:02, said:

The landscape option is a massive improvement. Top of my request list now is other room result when kibitzing/vugraph; perhaps only available in landscape given the extra real estate.

Thanks. Next version will include display of other table result.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#33 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-September-24, 10:09

View PostDwingo, on 2012-September-24, 09:58, said:

IPad/Iphone. Is there no Audio in this App? I miss the BBO sounds. Or am I missing something?

Currently there are no sounds. There will be sounds in the next version.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#34 User is offline   treid 

• Pip

Posted 2012-September-24, 20:54

I noticed the new android BBO app required Adobe Flash. HTTP5 is replacing Flash and many companies (e.g., Google on Android 4.1+) no longer support Flash. Besides, Flash is a virus magnet. Might be time to move on.

#35 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-September-24, 22:30

View Posttreid, on 2012-September-24, 20:54, said:

I noticed the new android BBO app required Adobe Flash. HTTP5 is replacing Flash and many companies (e.g., Google on Android 4.1+) no longer support Flash. Besides, Flash is a virus magnet. Might be time to move on.

You are confusing web pages with apps. Flash, in the context that you mention it, pertains to web pages (as does HTML5).

The BBO mobile app was created using an Adobe product that is Flash-like in some ways, but it would be wrong to say that this app "requires Flash" (at least in the tradition web page sense).

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#36 User is offline   Ant590 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-September-26, 10:26

View Postlalldonn, on 2012-September-11, 16:25, said:

Fred, are there any plans to include bidding practice rooms on the mobile app?

Not sure if this one was overlooked with all posts about the slowness issue in Version 3.2.

Bidding rooms, and displaying the other table score (see above), are my personal "must haves".

Ant.

P.s. Thanks for the landscape orientation, works very well, although it would be nice to be able to swap the chat sidebar for Scorecard.

#37 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-September-26, 13:21

View PostAnt590, on 2012-September-26, 10:26, said:

Not sure if this one was overlooked with all posts about the slowness issue in Version 3.2.

Bidding rooms, and displaying the other table score (see above), are my personal "must haves".

Yeah I missed that post. Thanks for mentioning it again.

I am sure we will eventually make bidding tables work properly in the mobile app. Hard to predict when that might happen, but at this point in time there are no plans to do anything about bidding tables for the next release.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#38 User is offline   marcD 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-October-21, 12:51

Somehow , i am not able to kibbitz a player (which i find very useful when watching vugraph) in the android version (cannot find the equivalent of right clicking on a name or options/more options) . May be i missed something otherwise it would be a nice addition . thanks for the wonderful bbo experience anyway

#39 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-October-21, 23:38

In the "Who's Online" list, next to the player name there should be either an icon with a pair of cards, or an icon with a TV set. Clicking on either of these will take you to their table.

If you tap on a player's name, one of these icons will be in the top right of the profile pop-up, and you can tap on the icon to go do their table.

#40 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-October-22, 08:09

View Postbarmar, on 2012-October-21, 23:38, said:

In the "Who's Online" list, next to the player name there should be either an icon with a pair of cards, or an icon with a TV set. Clicking on either of these will take you to their table.

If you tap on a player's name, one of these icons will be in the top right of the profile pop-up, and you can tap on the icon to go do their table.

I think Marc was referring to the ability to show only one hand (plus the dummy) instead of the default mode of watching all four hands.

Currently there is no way to do that in the mobile app. This feature will not be included in the next version, but I suspect we will add it in some future version before too long.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

8 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users