• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

#21 User is offline   phil_20686 

• Scotland
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-January-22, 14:19

If partner makes a t/o double where he doesn't want you to bid your seven card suit, that is a good indication that he does not in fact have a t/o double.
The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real. - Sheldon Cooper

#22 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-January-23, 00:42

phil_20686, on 2012-January-22, 14:19, said:

If partner makes a t/o double where he doesn't want you to bid your seven card suit, that is a good indication that he does not in fact have a t/o double.

I agree with you upto a point if DBL is take-out.

I play this DBL as values. Not that i am trying to justify my pass, because even with the style i play this DBL, 5 can be the best bid i admit. I am not really standing strong with my pass. I hoped pd to have something like this i guess.

QJx
Jxxx
K
AJxxx

And dont forget, partner already knows 6 of those your 7 card suit. I thought extra 7th card wasnt good enuf with this poor suit to play at 5 level vs pd's stiff or void. But combined with void and the fact that pd's dbl does not neccesarilly deny support, perhaps i was too pessimistic. Also bidding 5 has some other merits even when it is wrong if they believe us and save.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

17 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users