BBO Discussion Forums: reply to blk, RKC and 4NT with a void - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

reply to blk, RKC and 4NT with a void

#1 User is offline   123600 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-November-12, 07:15

How do you reply to each of these requests with a void

#2 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-November-12, 08:28

A common method is to bid 5NT with two aces or keycards and a void, and to bid 6 of the void suit with one. If the void suit is higher than our suit, then jump to 6 of our suit with one keycard.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#3 User is offline   han 

• Under bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-November-13, 15:50

We play that 5NT is odd with a void. I don't know why, my partner says it is better and I don't want to bother. After 5NT 6C asks for the queen, 6 of the suit is to play and if there is any other step in between it confirms all keycards and is a grand slam try.

Usually when you show your void your partner already knows the suit. For example, if you splinter and partner bids RKC, you know the shortness is appreciated and you show the void. You don't need to bid the suit with the void, partner already knows the suit. In this case we play that 6C shows the queen and 6X denies the queen. After 6C the asker can try for a grand if there is a step in between.

If you play kickback you should not use 5NT but the first "impossible" step instead.
Please note: I am interested in boring, bog standard, 2/1.

- hrothgar

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users