Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

simplified cc

#1 User is offline   Yu18772 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-April-01, 02:50

I play mostly with partners I know, but our opponents usually are not a regular partnership. At our table, we always ask people to alert to table, because you cant discuss the full system every time someone comes and goes, and your partner is entitled to know at least as much as the opponents (me and my partner). Moreover, while their misunderstandings may occasionally lead to a good result, we use bbo to train, and would generally prefer the best possible opponents.
When I play an occasional random game, I also do the same - alert to table and ask if I am not sure about any bid, however quite often this takes time during the deals and some things that seem obvious to me (like transfer to majors over 1NT) are not the same to my p.

It would be nice if instead of having very limited space in the profile to describe your favorite conventions, everyone would fill a simplified version of convention card for themselves.
(openings, leads, signals and few popular conventions)
Then, bbo could:
a - try to find you a partner with most similar cc
b- could show you the things you and your (new temporary) partner play differently as suggested points for discussion

:rolleyes:
Yehudit Hasin

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users