BBO Discussion Forums: My hands, adding bidding practise deals? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My hands, adding bidding practise deals? Adding deals from bidding practise?

#1 User is offline   ulven 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Real name: Ulf Nilsson
    Semi-pro player.

Posted 2010-October-22, 00:40

Using the web-client, when starting a table for bidding practise, is there a reason why those deals can't be added to the My hands records?
It's much more convenient/effective to able to rattle off a number of deals and review and discuss them later. Now each deal has to be saved individually, which is very impractical.
"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."
- R. Buckminster Fuller

#2 User is offline   tnp 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2010-November-01, 04:14

i'd like those bidding exercise hands be added to "my hands" too,
and what about these hands(played,bided, other hands from tournaments) could be put into bidding exercise again, and could be used repeatedly, with different partners?

#3 User is offline   Blackened 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2010-November-16, 03:42

Yes, I also have lots of deals saved in my computer (teaching, partnership bidding, etc.) Fred, is that difficult to implement, loading set of deals from computer?

#4 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2010-November-16, 09:19

View PostBlackened, on 2010-November-16, 03:42, said:

Yes, I also have lots of deals saved in my computer (teaching, partnership bidding, etc.) Fred, is that difficult to implement, loading set of deals from computer?

I am not sure how difficult this is since we have never really tried to do anything like this before. It may not be possible from within the web-client itself, but in theory we can create a web page for doing this.

This has been on our list of things to do for a while (which doesn't necessarily mean you should expect to see it done soon - the list in question is a long one and, although I agree that the feature you mention would be a good thing to have, it is not as if we would expect a lot of users to appreciate it).

As for the issue that is the main subject of this thread, myhands is really not my area, but we have given some thought to making it easier for people to record entire sessions in the web-client itself (as opposed to the current method of having to record one hand at a time). I agree that this should be done, but as above it is far from clear when you might see it actually happen. There is a new version of the web-client coming soon, but it will not address this issue (sorry).

Maybe we can do something about it in the next version after that...

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users