BBO Discussion Forums: BBO abuse policies: are they enforced? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO abuse policies: are they enforced?

#21 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2010-June-18, 08:52

Tola18, on Jun 5 2010, 07:07 AM, said:

But our BBO lesson is. One big shot can get you three year ban practically just like that, and another big shot - can see to get it lifted, almost with the same ease.

I do love BBO and the people online, and I do love the staff which is usually doing a great job helping us enjoy. Im online almost every day since several years.
But some of my heart did sunk down here... :rolleyes:

It doesn't take a "big shot" to get a 3 year ban lifted. Often just an email from the offender admitting he made a mistakes (one mistake is never enough unless it is a whooper.... one "you are a beginner" will not earn 3 year ban.... there has to have been a history well before that), apologize for the mistake and promise very truthfully (at least sounding) to do it no more.

That kind of email is not always effective getting a ban lifted, but it has worked upon occassion. I know of several times it did so. To have a "heavy hitter" write in promise "to have a serious talk" with the violators will care a lot of weight. A violate will not want to screw over the heavy hitter so that comes across even more "truthful" than the apology mentioned in the first paragraph.

Once such a ban is lifted, if another one is given, there is no lifting that one, I think you can understand why.
--Ben--

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users