rate the bidding

#21 User is offline   jdonn 

• - - T98765432 AQT8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2008-July-19, 11:05

mikeh, on Jul 16 2008, 02:05 PM, said:

han, on Jul 16 2008, 01:16 PM, said:

South should definitely bid 2NT. I can't find myself in mikeh soft "if I chose to reopen, and I think that I would..." because I think that reopening is absolutely normal.

Agree with north's initial pass and then 4C. The 5C bid is wrong imo, and I think north knew it because of the 4C bid initially. The 4S call really didn't make the hand better or more offensive.

I agree that reopening is normal, but it is very risky at this heat at imps. There is a great risk that partner will have something like Jxxx Kx Kxxxx xx on this type of auction and we are not going to like the play in 3 doubled... and this is the type of auction (2N then correct 3 to 3) on which opps double partscores more often than usual. -500 or even 800 against 110 or 140 is not a good outcome.

I find it very safe at imps, since they rarely want to double us. I really don't think the fact that there is one possible shape (and that is the only one) partner can have that gives us no fit makes it risky either. The opponents won't know that we aren't in a fit.
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users