• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

your preempt style?

#21 User is offline   Codo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:games and sports, esp. bridge,chess and (beach-)volleyball

Posted 2008-July-16, 00:58

1 Spade. At this fav. my preempts can be very weak, so I need to lower the range of my 1 in a suit openings too. The alternative - to pass these hands and bid later to show a weak two that was unsuitable for opening- did not work well for me.
Kind Regards

Roland

Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...

#22 User is offline   Quantumcat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Archery, classical guitar, piano, watercolour painting, programming, french

Posted 2008-July-18, 02:21

My p has taught me to play Brad 2's, and I wonder if anyone else plays them?

A 2-bid shows that and spades, at least 4-4 and 2-10pts or so (max if 4/4)

Any response except 2NT is non-forcing, 2NT is enquiry. Pre-emptor bids his 5-card suit if minimum, and bids 3C if maximum (whether or not he has a 5 card suit) then the auction is forcing at least to game so can be taken slowly.

This is only in 1/2 seat, in 3rd you know P has no spades so 2D shows D/H and 2H shows H/C.

I have been dying to have an agreement where you bid 1S in 3rd seat and no-one opening, having 1 or 2 spades, (since p has no spades unless he has S/C and spades not good enough for 2S, so the opps are almost guaranteed a spade fit), p bids 2C with a raise and clubs, 2D/H with a 5cd suit or a bad 6cd that wasn't enough for 3D/H, and 1NT with none of the above (3 spades but only 4 [bad] clubs included) Any further bid by you shows a real hand. My p says this will be illegal everywhere except in the top quarter of the field in national events. So sad. I thought it would be heaps of fun to play though.
I Transfers

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

12 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users