BBO Discussion Forums: Wcame first chicken or egg? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wcame first chicken or egg? the answer is creation or evolotion.

#1 User is offline   shubi 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2007-May-13, 08:18

The creation and evolution groups must comprise to make room for all the earthling in the planet earth to make peach and full coexistence. Planet earth was created or evolved many many years ago somehow we are here to take care of the planet made for us by mother nature. I would like to give another version of the way we became the part of planet earth usefulness. Many years ago mother nature took care of planet earth and used sea as primary tool and caused a massive eruption under the sea which in turn flooded the fertile land. The salted sea water and fertile land reacted and created plants and trees. Then long after trees and plant seed fruit and seeds on to the ground there comes the birds. Bird flew over distant land one stop at a time and unloaded themself on the ground and we the human being are here. If you have doubt about mother nature power look at the disaster in Asia few years ago, look at the everyday joy, happiness ,pain suffering of earthling.
Of course i leave the creation of all oter life form form the bird to human to make the point short nevertheless they all has vital role.

#2 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2007-May-13, 08:53

I suppose this is the reason for the term "bird brain"?
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

#3 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-May-14, 10:02

Sounds like the makings of a new religion!!! With Shubi as .....uhhh....well as something, thats for sure!
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#4 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2007-May-14, 15:03

I sometimes wonder if the bible thumpers think that we are referring to "evil lotion" and that is why they object so strenuously to the scientific method and common sense. Supernaturality being what it is (did I just Shubi a word?) maybe its all just a big misunderstanding....maybe

#5 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2007-May-14, 17:37

Q'uran thumpers. Got to get it straight, Al. Bible thumper are the good guys; Q'uran thumpers are the evil twins.

#6 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2007-May-14, 17:44

AH yes......the favorite of the soap opera writer.... when in doubt, blame the evil twin!!!! (Perhaps evil due to the effects of the evil lotion applied when they were a baby?) :P

#7 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2007-May-14, 19:09

I think we you are talking about evil twins it is re volution.

#8 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess

Posted 2007-May-15, 00:04

The creation story is either
- a theory that has been made obsolete by scientific progress (if taken litterally), or
- not a scientific theory at all (if taken allegorically or as fiction)

so there's no reason why scientists should seek a "compromise" with the creationists.

Whether evolution is relevant to religion I donno. It's possible that theologists need to discuss how to interpret/modify/abandon certain religious dogmas in the light of scientific progress. Pope Johannes Paul II and Dalai Lama have adressed that issue. But such theological discussions are not relevant to science, and that for two reasons:
1) The acceptance and interpretation of religious dogmas is not a scientific issue
2) The words of the Pope and the Lama (and other religious or political alpha males) have no weight whatsoever in scientific debate.

All this aside, I like your story. You just created a new religion. That's fine. Just don't call it science.

If you are interested in the vision of a scientist who's sympathic to the Gaia theory, google on "the symbiotic planet". But mind you, science cannot (or al least should not) be molded to produce politically/religiously correct results. Since politically/religiously correctness is not a succes criterion in scientific research. So if you study science you may discover things that you'd rather not know. And you may discover things that your political and religious leaders don't want you to know. Therefore, it may be a good idea to keep science seperate from religion and politics.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#9 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2007-May-15, 02:42

Please stop bringing sense and reason into these posts.....very difficult to have some fun around the "water cooler" when the office drudge keeps bringing up "business"...... :)

#10 User is offline   Rain 

Posted 2007-May-15, 09:56

The rooster, because the male always....oops wrong forum.

I vote chicken. Because eggs are delicious and if they appeared first my caveman ancestor would have gobbled it up fast and then there would be no chicken and no question.
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#11 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2007-May-15, 13:54

We may not be sure what laid it (if you believe in "evil lotion") but we know that the first chicken came out of the "egg" that it was introduced into by its progenitors. (How's that for skirting the issue?...lol)

#12 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2007-May-15, 17:28

Skirting the issues? Are you hen-timating something?

#13 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2007-May-15, 18:15

Just trying to tittilate.

#14 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2007-May-15, 21:17

Bawk! Chicken.

#15 User is offline   GeeGee 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2007-May-16, 01:59

A chicken walks into a library, goes up to the librarian and says 'Buk'. So the librarian gives the chicken a book. Chicken stuffs the book under his wing and walks out.

Next day, chicken is back at the library, goes up to the librarian and says 'Buuk, buk'. Librarian gives the chicken two books, and the chicken leaves with them under its wing.

By now the librarian is intruiged, so when the chicken comes in the next day and says 'Buuk, buk, buk', the librarian gives the chicken three books. As the chicken leaves, the librarian follows to see what happens to the books.

The chicken leaves the library, crosses the road, into the woods. In the woods is a pond. By the pond is a frog. The chicken gives each book in turn to the frog. The frog takes each book and throws it away, saying 'reddit, reddit, reddit...'.

Geoff

#16 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess

Posted 2007-May-16, 04:51

I guess the chicken evolved some tens of mio years ago (depending on how closely related to a modern chicken a bird has to be to count as a chicken; according to Wikipedia the Galliformes(landfowl) probably became a distinct group around 60 mio years ago) and the egg some hundred million years ago, depending on how egg-like a gamete has to be in order to count as an egg (would an isogamic gamete count? The first may have appeared three billion years ago). In any case there have been egg-laying animals long before chickens.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#17 User is offline   Gerben42 

• Interests:Astronomy, Mathematics
    Nuclear power

Posted 2007-May-16, 04:57

A chicken walks into a library, goes up to the librarian and says 'Buk'. So the librarian gives the chicken a book. Chicken stuffs the book under his wing and walks out.

Ook! :(
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!
My Bridge Systems Page

BC Kultcamp Rieneck

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

11 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users