BBO Discussion Forums: The Problem with Religious Moderation - BBO Discussion Forums

• 52 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Problem with Religious Moderation From Sam Harris

#581 User is offline   32519 

• Insane 2-Diamond Bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Books, bridge, philately

Posted 2013-November-06, 12:33

Ok, before I get kicked out of these forums again, here is the question I actually want to pose:

Is the Pope -
1. The false prophet, or
2. In the pocket of the false prophet?

(You can look it up in the book of Revelation).

#582 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-06, 12:35

32519, on 2013-November-06, 12:33, said:

Ok, before I get kicked out of these forums again, here is the question I actually want to pose:

Is the Pope -
1. The false prophet, or

1. Who knows?
2. Who cares?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#583 User is offline   ArtK78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, participatory and spectator sports.
    Occupation - Tax Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ.

Posted 2013-November-06, 13:17

I sometimes wonder if the Book of Revelation would be the basis for a successful sci fi or fantasy series or movie.

#584 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2013-November-06, 14:26

ArtK78, on 2013-November-06, 13:17, said:

I sometimes wonder if the Book of Revelation would be the basis for a successful sci fi or fantasy series or movie.

What do you call "Left Behind" or "The Late Great Planet Earth"?
Alderaan delenda est

#585 User is offline   ArtK78 

Posted 2013-November-06, 15:55

hrothgar, on 2013-November-06, 14:26, said:

What do you call "Left Behind" or "The Late Great Planet Earth"?

You are no doubt correct. I tend to ignore those kind of things.

#586 User is offline   hrothgar 

• Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2013-November-06, 17:29

ArtK78, on 2013-November-06, 15:55, said:

You are no doubt correct. I tend to ignore those kind of things.

Or, for that matter, "The Omen"

I recall watching that when I was 11 or so...
Scared me shitless
Alderaan delenda est

#587 User is offline   32519 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-07, 22:33

32519, on 2013-November-06, 01:28, said:

Which is heavier?
1. A kilogram of feathers, or
2. A kilogram of gold.

Zelandakh, on 2013-November-06, 04:38, said:

The kilogram of feathers is heavier, since gold is measured in troy weight and that is lighter than a standard gram. If using the same measure then the question is obviously trivial.

Zel got this one about right. To get to the kilogram of feathers, you are going to have a huge pile of feathers.

32519, on 2013-November-06, 08:46, said:

What is lighter than a feather, yet a thousand men cannot lift it?

This one is a shadow, any shadow.

32519, on 2013-November-06, 12:33, said:

Is the Pope -
1. The false prophet, or

This one is more difficult. Personally I believe that it is both 1 and 2 i.e. the Pope is a puppet on a string, dancing to the tune of whoever it is hiding in the background and yanking the strings.

So who exactly is it then hiding in the background?
It is the same people doggedly defending the Theory of Evolution. It is the same people driving the Big Bang Theory which is so desperately needed for a plausible alternative as to the origins of the universe. Why? Without substance to the BBT, they have no universe. With no universe they have no earth. With no earth they have no Theory of Evolution. Both have collapsed. So these guys are currently wasting billions on projects such as the LHC, hiding it underground away from probing eyes where they can prepare fake reports on fake progress towards giving substance to the BBT.

Much of the money to finance all these silly projects is coming from the rise and fall in the stock market. Currently we are seeing a bull-run unmatched in history with markets closing on new record highs virtually every day in complete defiance of all logic i.e. declining world wide economies, rising unemployment, projected corporate profits lagging behind the share price, etc. So how do you explain this? The USA is in a debt trap with national debt exceeding USD 17 trillion. In an attempt to stimulate their economy they are printing cheep money which in many instances can be borrowed for as little as 0.25%. Much of this cheep money is finding its way into the stock market where investors are looking for better returns. And so the stock prices are continuously driven higher.

Guess what? Its all going to come to an end on 9/11 next year (11 September 2014), the same day that the two planes crashed into the twin towers in New York. Whoever is still in the stock market on 9/11 is going to lose one heck of a lot of money. When the stock market comes down it is going to fall further than what it did in 2008. With the source of the funding gone, there will be no more money to pay salaries etc to the people who are working on all these silly projects. The physicists will be the first to jump ship. In their desperation to get money of any sort now to pay their bills, they are going to start selling their stories to whoever still has money. When that starts happening, the major newspapers across the world will be printing their stories and all are going to find out who it is hiding in the background and driving all these silly projects. But more importantly, the world is going to find out WHY they are driving them in the first place. After all, no sane person will waste the sort of money already spent on e.g. the LHC, without a reason for doing so. In the not too distant future we are going to find out what that reason is.

Elohim, the God of the Jews, remains in control of the universe and everyone and everything in it.

When these things happen, know that you were the first to read it in the BBO Forums.

#588 User is offline   Winstonm 

• Interests:Art, music

Posted 2013-November-08, 07:34

I guess the ACA doesn't pay for meds. <_<
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#589 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2013-November-08, 10:01

Slightly related to this thread :)

... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#590 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2013-November-08, 13:12

32519, on 2013-November-07, 22:33, said:

When these things happen, know that you were the first to read it in the BBO Forums.

325, you do know that people consider posts like this as comedy, don't you?

Maybe you do as well, in which case, nicely done.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#591 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2013-November-08, 13:22

gwnn, on 2013-November-08, 10:01, said:

I have always believed that this sort of thing is why there is no point listening to Christians*, because there aren't any.

* Many are worth listening to if it has nothing to do with Jesus or heaven or that kind of stuff.

#592 User is offline   32519 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-08, 21:36

Vampyr, on 2013-November-08, 13:12, said:

325, you do know that people consider posts like this as comedy, don't you?

Maybe you do as well, in which case, nicely done.

If you think I am joking about the stock market, then consider this:
Recently we first had Face Book and then Twitter listing on the stock market. For those of you who play the stock market, you be the first to post the following here –
1. The current market capitalization value of both,
2. The projected revenue stream of both, and
3. The actual revenue stream of both.

Then sit back and look at the numbers in your post. With no revenue, how on earth do you ever expect to receive any dividends on your investment. From this, it has to be glaringly obvious to even the worst investor who ever walked planet earth that much of what goes on in the stock market is nothing more than a giant ponzi scheme. All you have done by investing in either of these two stocks, is to buy into the feeding frenzy currently underway in the market. But it’s soon to be brought down by Elohim. I have no idea WHAT the catalyst is going to be to spark the collapse. What I do know is that the carnage is going to be massive. Across the globe millions of people are going to be left destitute.

The children of Elohim, those who believe and trust in him, make sure that you are out of the stock market by 9/11 next year.

#593 User is offline   32519 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-08, 21:58

Read this and start calculating how much you are about to lose.

#594 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2013-November-08, 23:26

32519, on 2013-November-08, 21:36, said:

All you have done by investing in either of these two stocks, is to buy into the feeding frenzy currently underway in the market. But it’s soon to be brought down by Elohim. I have no idea WHAT the catalyst is going to be to spark the collapse.

It's amazing that Elohim or whoever tells you what is up his sleeve.

It is also amazing that you, who heard about the LHC a couple of months ago, know more about its purpose, its progress so far and its future plans than those of us who have been following stories about it since it was first proposed.

I don't think that either of these lines of thought (among others) is very healthy, and I do not wish to contribute to your problems by continuing to engage in discussions about them. I wish you the best of luck.

#595 User is offline   ArtK78 

Posted 2013-November-09, 00:17

I have the numbered one blocked, so I don't see his posts unless someone quotes him.

I find the reference to "Elohim" as a name of God to be very interesting. Elohim is not a name of God. There are two different versions of the name of God used in Judaism. Elohim is the English transliteration of the Hebrew word for God rather than a name for God.

As I said, I just found this to be an interesting distraction.

#596 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2013-November-09, 01:13

32519, on 2013-November-08, 21:36, said:

All you have done by investing in either of these two stocks, is to buy into the feeding frenzy currently underway in the market. But it’s soon to be brought down by Elohim. I have no idea WHAT the catalyst is going to be to spark the collapse.

It is also amazing that you, who heard about the LHC a couple of months ago, know more about its purpose, its progress so far and its future plans than those of us who have been following stories about it since it was first proposed.

I don't think that either of these lines of thought (among others) is very healthy, and I do not wish to contribute to your problems by continuing to engage in discussions about them. I wish you the best of luck.

#597 User is offline   32519 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-09, 01:16

ArtK78, on 2013-November-09, 00:17, said:

I have the numbered one blocked, so I don't see his posts unless someone quotes him.
I find the reference to "Elohim" as a name of God to be very interesting. Elohim is not a name of God. There are two different versions of the name of God used in Judaism. Elohim is the English transliteration of the Hebrew word for God rather than a name for God.
As I said, I just found this to be an interesting distraction.

1. Elohim is the ONLY supreme and true God. He is also the God of the Jews. Western institutionalised religion changed it to simply “God.”
2. Yahweh is the proper name of Elohim. Western institutionalised religion changed it to “The Lord.”
3. Elohim is also El Elyon, the God who is above all other gods. Nothing or no one is higher or more sacred than him.

Vampyr, on 2013-November-08, 23:26, said:

Now to your post:
You are spot on when you say that Yahweh is busy telling me what is in the pipeline. He has revealed to me, both the interpretation of the number of the beast (666), as well as the mark of the beast (see Revelation Chapter 13). Crack that and much of the rest of the Book of Revelation slots into place with consummate ease.

Vampyr, on 2013-November-08, 23:26, said:

These words of yours are prophetic indeed, "Following stories about it."

#598 User is offline   32519 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-09, 08:23

Read this - the feeding frenzy is about to enter overdrive. At its peak, Elohim is going to pull the plug.

#599 User is offline   32519 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-10, 02:45

gwnn, on 2013-November-08, 10:01, said:

<Snip>

I am quite happy to join with you in poking fun at both Jesus and Christianity. Why? Neither have any place with the Elohim of the Jews. Neither names occur in the ORIGINAL eye-witness accounts, letters and books which make up the New Covenant (calling it the New Testament is an attempt to distance Yahweh as its originator. The Old Covenant came through Abraham).

The Vatican currently have their very own Edward Snowden, either a current or a former employee, who has/had access to the ORIGINAL documents and is starting to leak their contents out.

In the ORIGINAL documents, it was Yehoshua (not Jesus) who was the chosen son of Yahweh, the son that Yahweh sacrificed to take upon him the transgressions of the entire human race. Judah was the fourth son of Jacob. Go and read Genesis Chapter 49 to see how Jacob blessed his 12 sons before he died. Yehoshua is from the tribe of Judah. In the first 400 years directly after the resurrection there was a systematic carefully orchestrated movement to replace Yehoshua’s name, first with Joshua (Moses’ successor), which was then simplified to Jesus.

So who is it that is leaking out the info? It may actually even be Pope Benedict XVI, the first Pope in 500 years to resign while still in office. Read some of the reforms he tried to reintroduce. External pressure may have been taking an adverse effect on his health forcing him to resign.

#600 User is offline   Winstonm 

• Interests:Art, music

Posted 2013-November-10, 19:35

Moderator may want to close this thread. It is now pointless.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

• 52 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Google