• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I give it a 9 out of T Card presentations

#1 User is offline   BunnyGo 

• Lamentable Bunny
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-January-19, 23:15

I'd like to request that there be an option (or maybe a default) that the cards be displayed as a "T" not a "10". I don't know if this is a common request, but I'd like to add my voice to any who have said it before. Thank you.
Bridge Personality: 44 44 43 34

Never tell the same lie twice. - Elim Garek on the real moral of "The boy who cried wolf"

#2 User is offline   georgeac 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-January-20, 01:18

probably not changing at this point.

#3 User is offline   BunnyGo 

• Lamentable Bunny
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-January-20, 03:32

View Postgeorgeac, on 2011-January-20, 01:18, said:

probably not changing at this point.

Too bad. Thanks anyways, but if the chance does come to add even a toggle, it'd be appreciated.

By the way, any points for the title?
Bridge Personality: 44 44 43 34

Never tell the same lie twice. - Elim Garek on the real moral of "The boy who cried wolf"

#4 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-January-20, 09:09

Good title, made me read. But this has recently been suggested, so it's very tempting to merge your post with the other, and then you lose the title :-s

This affects such a small number of players, since most use the default "pictures of cards" instead of "hand diagrams" that I don't know if we can justify adding it to any priority list of things to do.
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#5 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-January-20, 11:07

Here's the story:

The original choice to use "10" (many years ago) was made because "10" has been used almost universally for 80+ years in the hand diagrams that appear in bridge literature. I believe that most people who have studied bridge would find "T" to look very strange. Some tests I have done confirm that I am probably right about this.

Besides that, BBO is used all over the world to present vugraph to live audiences at the playing sites of major tournaments. In that context "T" would not be acceptable.

Yes, of course we could make this an option, but only in the web-client as we are not planning on doing any further development of the Windows client. But our general philosophy with the web-client is to keep the number of options to an absolute minimum. That is because we did not take this approach with the Windows client and the result was options-bloat which made it very difficult for average users to find the few options that they actually cared about.

So sorry to those of you are would like to see us start using "T", but it is not likely that we will be making any changes in this area.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users