BBO Discussion Forums: Crazy neighbour cuts down my internet - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Crazy neighbour cuts down my internet

#1 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2010-January-17, 18:43

I am sorry to say that I won't connect much to the forums these days.

the reason is that my neighbour got a chainsaw and while he was pruning his cypress (or maybe he did on purpose, I am not sure), he chopped down the telephone cable, wich was hunging over his garden, and was providing telephone and internet to me, and all the people in my street after me (about 15 families)

He didn't call anyone after that, he just picked up the cable, and trew it into my garden, and then he hid in his house.

Not happy enough with that, when the telephone company came to fix it, he yelled at them saying that it was his land, and they had no business there, forcing them to leave.

I think he also said something about telephone cable having to go underground.

I am partly laughing at this, but partly I am scared, because he was always a little mad/crazy, but he is getting worse as he grows old. Not to mention that he now also has a chainsaw.

#2 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2010-January-17, 18:47

In usa utility companies have various rights to go on someones property for issues such as this. They can even cut down branches on your trees, etc.

What does your cable/phone company or local mayor's/political/police office say?

At least file a complaint with your local police and mayor office. Frankly I am surprised you do not have the cops there now.

#3 User is offline   Winstonm 

• Interests:Art, music

Posted 2010-January-17, 19:38

I am scared, because he was always a little mad/crazy, but he is getting worse as he grows old. Not to mention that he now also has a chainsaw.

Be grateful you aren't in Texas. :)
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

#4 User is offline   blackshoe 

Posted 2010-January-17, 20:54

Ain't nothin' wrong with Texas, except some of 'em don't like Yankees much.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#5 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2010-January-17, 20:56

As long as they don't have names like Leatherface they're fine.

#6 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2010-January-17, 21:38

TExas...chainsaws.......scary...

#7 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2010-January-18, 01:30

Uh so how will you learn bridge from now on? From random Spanish experts? :S that sounds TERRIBLE:(
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#8 User is offline   Hanoi5 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Video Games, Languages, Travelling.

Posted 2010-January-18, 02:45

It's scary. You don't want to be near the Madrid chainsaw massacre protagonist. Also, evidently he doesn't play bridge.

wyman, on 2012-May-04, 09:48, said:

Also, he rates to not have a heart void when he leads the 3.

rbforster, on 2012-May-20, 21:04, said:

Besides playing for fun, most people also like to play bridge to win

My YouTube Channel

#9 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2010-January-18, 07:11

I have been lucky cos the cable cutted down many people, the telehpone company has made a provisional fix already, and its now looking for a long term fix.

In the past they have ignored us when we had problems, but I guess this time there was too much people involved.

#10 User is offline   dicklont 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge, music, sports

Posted 2010-January-18, 13:21

Fluffy, on Jan 18 2010, 02:43 AM, said:

I am partly laughing at this, but partly I am scared, because he was always a little mad/crazy, but he is getting worse as he grows old. Not to mention that he now also has a chainsaw.

It may not look fashionable, but please consider wearing a kevlar suit.
--
Finding your own mistakes is more productive than looking for partner's. It improves your game and is good for your soul. (Nige1)

#11 User is offline   pooltuna 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-January-18, 13:40

Fluffy, on Jan 17 2010, 07:43 PM, said:

I am sorry to say that I won't connect much to the forums these days.

the reason is that my neighbour got a chainsaw and while he was pruning his cypress (or maybe he did on purpose, I am not sure), he chopped down the telephone cable, wich was hunging over his garden, and was providing telephone and internet to me, and all the people in my street after me (about 15 families)

He didn't call anyone after that, he just picked up the cable, and trew it into my garden, and then he hid in his house.

Not happy enough with that, when the telephone company came to fix it, he yelled at them saying that it was his land, and they had no business there, forcing them to leave.

I think he also said something about telephone cable having to go underground.

chainsaw is really no problem what is irritating is having to lug around the 12ga shotgun all the time when I am home. As a telephone comp employee I am sure they have a right-of-way for their cable and would be glad to bury it if he is willing to bear the cost for doing that but it ain't cheap (at least in the USA)
"Tell me of your home world, Usul"
the Freman, Chani from the move "Dune"

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

#12 User is offline   cherdanno 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-January-18, 13:47

I didn't expect "cutting down" to be such a literal expression...
"Are you saying that LTC merits a more respectful dismissal?"

#13 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2010-January-18, 14:52

My father went a bit berserker (he works in the nights giving lessons online and was really pissed of what happened, among other things). He went to their door, rang and yelled to his wife more than he should.

Now he came back home started to yell from his home so that we could hear, finally they both went out and yelled to each other for a while.

He said on all the yelling that he doesn't stand us any more, because we have been messing him up for the last 25 years, and the argument he put forward to show this is that we messed him a lot when, 23/24 years ago, my brother was playing with a bottle and a stone, and when the bottle broke a piece of glass went directly into my leg and started to bleed profuselly. Parents weren't at home so he went to the neighbours. And the wife carried me to a medic.

Wow what a mess :S.

More troubling is the fact that the crazy dude during all the verbal fight when requested to tell more, he said he didn't wanna tell anythng, but what he wanted was to fight (in spannish fight means phisycally). But after looking at my older brother he moved his body right behind his garage door after saying so.

I though I could just laugh and ignore this nonsense, but my father is now saying that we are in mortal peril here and should be looking for another house. O_o

Fire guns are forbidden in Spain, but I am running an airsoft shop with some friends, tomorrow I'll get a gas pistol, and maybe have ready an SMG, 50 PVC bullets in 3 seconds directly to the face/eyes should be enough to stop someone if needed.

#14 User is offline   pooltuna 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-January-18, 15:27

Fluffy, on Jan 18 2010, 03:52 PM, said:

My father went a bit berserker (he works in the nights giving lessons online and was really pissed of what happened, among other things). He went to their door, rang and yelled to his wife more than he should.

Now he came back home started to yell from his home so that we could hear, finally they both went out and yelled to each other for a while.

He said on all the yelling that he doesn't stand us any more, because we have been messing him up for the last 25 years, and the argument he put forward to show this is that we messed him a lot when, 23/24 years ago, my brother was playing with a bottle and a stone, and when the bottle broke a piece of glass went directly into my leg and started to bleed profuselly. Parents weren't at home so he went to the neighbours. And the wife carried me to a medic.

Wow what a mess :S.

More troubling is the fact that the crazy dude during all the verbal fight when requested to tell more, he said he didn't wanna tell anythng, but what he wanted was to fight (in spannish fight means phisycally). But after looking at my older brother he moved his body right behind his garage door after saying so.

I though I could just laugh and ignore this nonsense, but my father is now saying that we are in mortal peril here and should be looking for another house. O_o

Fire guns are forbidden in Spain, but I am running an airsoft shop with some friends, tomorrow I'll get a gas pistol, and maybe have ready an SMG, 50 PVC bullets in 3 seconds directly to the face/eyes should be enough to stop someone if needed.

I understand Mace is highly effective and non-lethal plus can be administered out of chainsaw reach. A Taser is also highly effective but potentially lethal for someone with heart problems plus it probably is harder to use and more expensive than the Mace.
"Tell me of your home world, Usul"
the Freman, Chani from the move "Dune"

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

#15 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2010-January-18, 16:57

You may want to look up a hockey player named Jason - I hear he's pretty good in these kinds of situations.

#16 User is offline   crazy4hoop 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2010-January-18, 20:33

Mr. Vorhees is definitely the one to call...

#17 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-January-18, 21:12

Your neighbour sounds scary. :-s Hope it doesn't escalate, but this will be something that'll prompt me to want to move.

Mobile internet in the meantime?
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#18 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-January-19, 09:23

Another option is a can of wasp spray. It has a decent "reach" is easilly found and carried around and will stop almost anyone's enthusiasm for fighting if they get a blast of it in the face. A friend chased off a couple of intruders with oven cleaner spray.. one was screaming about going blind and they both got out of there in a hurry.. but it doesn't have the reach of wasp spray. Either one is legal pretty much anywhere, easy to find, are not dependent on much accuracy of aim and and you don't have to scare your OTHER neighbors by appearing to be carrying guns about.

#19 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2010-January-19, 10:50

Rain, on Jan 19 2010, 03:12 AM, said:

Mobile internet in the meantime?

Cable is "fixed" (goes from the post, to a trafic signal, then to a streetlamp and finally to the other post), but I got internet mobile just in case.

#20 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2010-January-19, 18:19

I am glad it is fixed because I really didn't want to have to suggest Michael Meyers as a bodyguard.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users