Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO My Hands How long are records kept

#1 User is offline   CSGibson 

• Tubthumper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, pool, financial crime. New experiences, new people.

Posted 2012-June-19, 13:34

Hi, just curious, what is the records retention policy for BBO My Hands? AKA, how long do they keep data for?

Thank you.
Chris Gibson

#2 User is offline   CSGibson 

• Tubthumper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-July-01, 10:11

View PostCSGibson, on 2012-June-19, 13:34, said:

Hi, just curious, what is the records retention policy for BBO My Hands? AKA, how long do they keep data for?

Thank you.

bump.
Chris Gibson

#3 User is offline   psyck 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows
  • Interests:Bridge, Chess, Reading, Music, Travelling, Movies.

Posted 2012-July-01, 11:00

The data appears to be retained for the past 2.5 months.
Cheers, Krishna.

#4 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2012-July-01, 15:07

bbo clears the data out about once a month. Sometimes there might be 3 months of data, sometimes a little more than one month. However, all the data is still stored, and if you make a good case for it, you might be given access to it.
--Ben--

#5 User is offline   CSGibson 

• Tubthumper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-July-01, 18:49

View Postinquiry, on 2012-July-01, 15:07, said:

bbo clears the data out about once a month. Sometimes there might be 3 months of data, sometimes a little more than one month. However, all the data is still stored, and if you make a good case for it, you might be given access to it.

I'm not sure how good of a cause I'll have. I'm in a high level partnership, we play a lot of unusual conventions and treatments. We also play a serious online match at least twice a week. I am looking for access to the hands I have played to help track various instances of conventional use and the outcome, in an effort to learn which parts of our system are most effective. The end result will be (in my head) that I have accumulated enough data to see where our system is leaking imps, and what we can do to patch it.

I will not be looking at anyone else's data beyond my own for this limited purpose.
Chris Gibson

#6 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2012-July-01, 20:44

View PostCSGibson, on 2012-July-01, 18:49, said:

I'm not sure how good of a cause I'll have. I'm in a high level partnership, we play a lot of unusual conventions and treatments. We also play a serious online match at least twice a week. I am looking for access to the hands I have played to help track various instances of conventional use and the outcome, in an effort to learn which parts of our system are most effective. The end result will be (in my head) that I have accumulated enough data to see where our system is leaking imps, and what we can do to patch it.

I will not be looking at anyone else's data beyond my own for this limited purpose.

This will not be interesting to most, but I think you can use it... As often as you play, don;t worry about old data, you will have more data than you can use in a few months. (I don't have access to old data, so good luck to you)

Grab hands with dd solver, a month at a time is fine.
open the pbn file with netbridgevu, it will create a lin file in with the same name and in the same directory.
open lin file in word. delete the vugraph header info. (that is from vg|| to teh first mn|BBO hand... in the file.
Create a macro to do the following.

1. Replace all mn|BBO Hands - ??.??.??| ^pmn|BBO Hands - ??.??.??|^p with nothing (there is one of those in the file for every day you played with, you will need the wild card option set.
2. replace all g||^ppc with g||pc (turn wild card off for this)...
3. repeat replace all g||^ppc with g||pc
4. replace all |^pem with |em
5. replace all |^psa with |sa

When you do that, you will have the full hand record with each hand as a single "paragraph", and each new day will have two lines, one blank one and one with the data the hands were played. Go to myhands and cut and paste the myhand info into excel. CUT AND paste the entire word document you created and paste that in with the same excel spreadsheet, lining up the date blank data with the day the hands were played. Then you have all the info. The contract, the result, the opponents, etc. You can use excel to pull out the opening bids, in fact the full auction, on each hand... as well opening lead, etc. You can use excel's filter to pick and choose hands you open 1D and partner responds 2C, for instance. You can also use pivot tables to summarize the data.

YOU Might want to renumber the hands. DD solver numbers them from 1 to last one. You may want each hand to have a unique number. You can do this easy enough.... here is how I do it...

I use excel to this.. .the equation I USE is...

=CONCATENATE(LEFT(G6,SEARCH("qx|o",G6)+3),A1,",BOARD ",A1,"|rh||ah|Board ",A1,RIGHT(G6,LEN(G6)-SEARCH("|md",G6)+1))

where G6 is the column with the original hand one paragraph hand records pasted from the word document mentioned above. The A column has the sequential numbers as I renumber the hands, So what this does, is it looks for the hand record (which is in the form qx|o5 where number 5 could be any number), then BOARD 5 (where 5 could be any number).

This takes everything to left of the "qx|o" including the qx|o and then adds the hand number from column A, then the last part add "BOARD " then the same hand number from the "A" column, then manually changes the display number. IF YOU LIKE, you can instead display the hand number by picking that off the table when played from the info cut and paste into excel from myhands. Then everything STATING with the |md part of the hand record is added to it. .. what this does is something like this.. changing...

pn|inquiry,GiB,GIB,GiB|qx|o4,BOARD 4|rh||ah|Board 4|md|1SAT843HK65DAJ6C
pn|inquiry,GiB,GIB,GiB|qx|o4,BOARD 579|rh||ah|Board 579|md|1SAT843HK65DAJ6C

Now you have a permanent record of the hand you played that will not disappear, You can extract info from it like bids, leads, and you can use pivot tables to help find where you are doing well and poorly.

Good luck.
--Ben--

#7 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-January-02, 16:14

View Postinquiry, on 2012-July-01, 15:07, said:

bbo clears the data out about once a month. Sometimes there might be 3 months of data, sometimes a little more than one month.

It appears that everything prior to 12/16/12 has been removed, leaving only 18 days of data.

#8 User is offline   Lelos80te 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-January-19, 14:15

View PostBbradley62, on 2013-January-02, 16:14, said:

It appears that everything prior to 12/16/12 has been removed, leaving only 18 days of data.

i see rebuilt, I'm glad :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users