• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBF vs. JEC #10 Saturday, May 19th, 2012

#1 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2012-May-07, 02:50

I hope MrAce won't mind if I start this thread... this is the place to express interest in playing for the BBF team this Sunday.

Edit: the next match is apparently Saturday, May 19th.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#2 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-07, 06:50

willing to play and partner with anyone as usual let me know if needed

#3 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-07, 18:30

I dont mind you starting the thread, but there wont be a JEC match this sunday.

LL asked me if it is ok to give our day to Israeli national team who needs practice last week, i said no, but asked again this week so i accepted.

Also, from now on our games will be moved from sunday to saturday. We dont have a game this week. But next saturday,
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#4 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-08, 02:43

View PostMrAce, on 2012-May-07, 18:30, said:

Also, from now on our games will be moved from sunday to saturday. We dont have a game this week. But next saturday,

OK, so May 19th, still 2 PM EDT / 20:00 CEST I hope?
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#5 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-May-08, 23:50

View Postmgoetze, on 2012-May-08, 02:43, said:

OK, so May 19th, still 2 PM EDT / 20:00 CEST I hope?

Yes
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#6 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-14, 01:01

Helloooooo? Gwnn and I will be playing an offline tournament this weekend, and what are your excuses? ;)
    -- Bertrand Russell

#7 User is offline   Mbodell 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-14, 03:09

I have a regular partner who is an occasional BBO Forums poster (JavaBean has 43 posts) and we'd be happy to play in some weekend match. I can play the 19th and can double check with him if our pair is needed/wanted for this date.

#8 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-May-15, 11:30

Cmon guys, we need 2 pairs for this weekend.

#9 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-15, 13:06

Sorry, I have a real-life match this Saturday. What about Mbodell and JavaBean?
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

#10 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-16, 08:55

And what's up with Fluffy and jsabate?
    -- Bertrand Russell

#11 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-16, 09:53

You can't expect Fluffy to play bridge while Real Madrid is not playing the CL final! (Or maybe, at least there are no penalties in bridge.)
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#12 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2012-May-16, 09:55

barmar and I can play if that will help. We have already played once, so if someone else wants to play we can step aside.
--Ben--

#13 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-May-16, 13:58

View Postmgoetze, on 2012-May-16, 08:55, said:

And what's up with Fluffy and jsabate?

I dont see them posting here yet that they are willing to. They didnt contact me either.

So...

Mbodell and JavaBean, Ben and Barmar seems pretty good line up to me.

Please let me know if you can not make it as early as possible.

Good luck guys and Thanks! Get us some good hands to discuss and get us some new posters from BBO. But most importantly, have fun and enjoy playing vs good players in a long match. This is all what it is about.

Timo

EDIT : Mgoetze, bro i can use your help if you are available. I am having some serious problems with my business and need to take care of them, while i also am getting ready to play in Spingold and need to study some notes that Han will provide. Can you take care of JEC match posts and choose of the team in next 1-2 month or so ? If so i will let LL know that you will be the guy he will take the team list from and contact etc...Letme know please, thanks.

#14 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-16, 15:43

View PostMrAce, on 2012-May-16, 13:58, said:

Can you take care of JEC match posts and choose of the team in next 1-2 month or so ? If so i will let LL know that you will be the guy he will take the team list from and contact etc...Letme know please, thanks.

Yes, sure.
    -- Bertrand Russell

#15 User is offline   Mbodell 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-16, 20:32

I can confirm that JavaBean and I are good to play on Saturday at 11am Pacific. I'm looking forward to it.

I saw in one of the earlier threads that artificial systems might be better on one of the two tables, so we should give fair warning that while we play a GCC legal system, it is a strong club system with weak and weaker nt and a lot of alerts.

Also, is the expected pace of the match BBO Speedball, real life normal, or something else?

Just want to make sure I play to pace (even with lots of typing explanations). :)

#16 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-May-17, 01:07

View Postmgoetze, on 2012-May-16, 15:43, said:

Yes, sure.

Thanks !

#17 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2012-May-17, 01:09

View PostMbodell, on 2012-May-16, 20:32, said:

I can confirm that JavaBean and I are good to play on Saturday at 11am Pacific. I'm looking forward to it.

I saw in one of the earlier threads that artificial systems might be better on one of the two tables, so we should give fair warning that while we play a GCC legal system, it is a strong club system with weak and weaker nt and a lot of alerts.

Also, is the expected pace of the match BBO Speedball, real life normal, or something else?

Just want to make sure I play to pace (even with lots of typing explanations). :)

No its not speedball, take your time. Dont forget all undos are accepted.

Good luck !

#18 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-17, 09:25

Thx for thinking about me, but I have a client on saturdays it will be tough to get to play at that time, but ocasionally it might happen, I will try when that's the case.

#19 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-May-17, 10:03

I looked at the last week of matches, and they generally take 2-3 hours for 28 boards, so normal pace is 5-6 minutes/board. Although there was one that took only about 90 minutes -- I guess the hands were atypically easy.

#20 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-17, 14:02

I've also played in one for 3 and a half hours... :(
    -- Bertrand Russell

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users